I am aware that for years now I am dealing with obsessive paranoia-and I can't help it. I don't know whether this situation is my mental condition related but I really feel I need to be taking some meds for this strong anxiety I am suffering from. Anyway the thing is that I don't manage to live normal life for some "habits" I have-locking and checking up on the door-I even started waking up in the middle of the night just to check on if the door are locked, than I count everything-I count trees while I am driving car and I need to count up to the specific number otherwise something bad would happen to my dear ones. I count words and letters whatever I read and so on. I am positive this is obsessive paranoia or something like that and I am pretty much aware this has turned my life into a hell basically I have become so anxious and though I am aware of this obsessive paranoia I am not managing to deal with it anyhow-I have even tried taking antidepressants but they don't seem to help so I would like to hear now what is the best obsessive paranoia treatment if there is any anyway? Thanks!

We are all little obsessive paranoid I guess but in some people this condition occurs in much severe form causing them feel pretty bad and anxious if certain things are not the way they should be-just like in your case. Obsessive paranoia is form of obsessive personality disorder and I advice you don’t take no meds or some other heavy drugs to deal with this obsessive paranoia, maybe some mild anti-anxiety med could help for it is obvious you could be dealing with strong anxiety attacks soon so you may try with diazepam for now. Anyway psychotherapy is the only effective way on treating obsessive paranoia condition, for that is where you could learn how to control your obsessive paranoia and how to deal with your feelings regarding the fact that at some point you haven't done, counted or whatever you was supposed to following this obsessive paranoia habits. So my advice you discuss it with psychotherapist first so he would determine what could be the best treatment for you.

Well, I also suffer of obsessive paranoia, for a long time now (more or less since I am 10 years old), and it comes and goes, some times I dont even have nothing, I think is because there are some facts that increases my paranoia, for a while I had to drink some pills (My psychiatrist made me drink Olanzapina 5mm, and because this med made me very sensible and mostly depressive, I had to add some Prozac to it) Well I did drank the medication in that time because I really felt I needed it, but drinking this pills made me feel sometimes worst, I wasn't being my self, and I was very very depressed; So I decided I didn't wanted to drink this pills anymore, how i did it? Well I just have to say that everything is in the mind, and we who suffer of this mental condition have the positive insight that our sickness can be controlled until certain point, what I did to help my mind was first of all understand my own sickness, second learning when was the sickness talking and when I was talking, and when I could differentiate this two I could just learn to ignore it. Its like having diabetes, you just have to have a special diet, in our case the diet is mental. In addition to all this I suggest the people who suffer the same I do, is to surround yourself with good positive energies, and that means, good friends that loves you and understand you, people you can trust and that are not going to take advantage of your condition, people that can help you to increase your self esteem, having a loving pet always help, And if is necessary you might also make a diary so you can write about your day, whats going on in your mind and you also can re a sure your self with good affirmations, so you can stabilize your mind, (sometimes it seems crazy to start writing affirmations like some obsessive person) But if this affirmations are well thought off and they are going to help you I really think is a good method, it really helped me.

An example of the affirmations are this:

I am mentally stable person, I love my self and I can control my mind.

This thought is just product of my imagination.

(you can write this as many times you want as many days you need, is like doing mental exercise) At the beginning you're are not going to see any changes, but with the time you're really going to feel different, happier, positive) You can also repeat this affirmations at loud or even just in your mind.

And finally I suggest natural based remedies, like reiki, floral essences, chromo therapy (but you have to research a little bit of this because you can get robbed by some fake experts).

Meditation is always a good way to help your mind (I do Zen, it works beautifully)

Ok hope this helps..

This was a well-informed post. Obsessions, whether they revolve around: locks, washing, prison, identity, health, even sanity, they all come from the same place in our mind. I am glad you made it so far without your medication.

Keep in mind though, medication can be an important step in avoiding relapse. You may have it beat, but others may need the medication. This doesnt make the other person weak... it just means that their mind went in a little deeper. Eventually they will be able to get off their medication as well.

Always refer to your doctor when you think it is time to get off, be open about your progress and concerns, and your doctor will be receptive. If s/he thinks its time to come off, they will help you come off. If they think there is still a high chance of relapse, they will probably adjust the pills until the chance is mostly gone.

Best of luck to you all.