My left eye swelled up today during my workout. It's the fourth time it's happened. Always under my left eye and it's always gone after 24 hours. I've been in various places for each workout and it's always mid-workout so it's not likely environmental. I went to the eye doctor the following morning after the 3rd time it swelled up on me. He said it looked like an allergic reaction. This time I went to the eye doctor 10 mins after it started swelling. She also said allergic reaction but referred me to an opthamologist. When it starts swelling there's a lump under the right corner of my eye and then swells further.

Any ideas?!

I have no idea, but the same thing is happening to me but its my right eye... :'(

Hi there,
I know that this might sound a little funny but I think that you are suffering from exercise allergy. Your doctors are right about the allergy part but I don’t think they have managed to find the source of the allergy. This condition has many symptoms and eye swelling is one of them. Also, swelling of the ye is an symptom along with hives. Have you experienced any hives while you exercise, or after the exercise? This condition is not life threatening but it can be very annoying to have your eye swollen every time you go to the gym. You can also get optic neuritis from this which you need to treat.
I hope this helped.