Hello! I noticed that my son who is 31 and still lives with me has different pupils, one being bigger than the other. I didn’t ask him anything but I am pretty worried because he more than usual cuts himself to his room and don’t talk to me as much as he did before. What could be a reason for this?

Well, different size in pupils is one of the sighs of a migraine. Has your son reported any headaches or severe pain or any other symptoms. This may be one of the reasons he is shutting himself in his room. Maybe you should try to talk to him and see what is wrong, then consult a doctor if necessary.

Hello there,

It is possible that your son is on some kind of drugs! I believe that this is the reason why he is locking himself in the room and why he is avoiding talking with you. If he is using some kind of drugs you definitely need to talk with him and try to solve the problem. Include all family members if you can.

Second reason could be migraines but somehow I think that this symptom would most likely be the consequence of some more serious neurological disorder.

To confirm this some additional tests are required so if there is any possibility try to talk with him and take kim to the doctor. I hope that somehow you will resolve this problem.  

My left pupil is mostly always dilated but I don't have migranes and my sight is unaffected but people notice it and comment a lot ! Anyone know what it could be. ? I'm female and nearly 50 and this has only been like this for about a year !

Hi, I just started have this problem as well and I am 46 . I don't see how it could just be nothing, something has caused the unequal size all of a sudden after 46 years. By reading all these posts on this subject it appears that finding a doctor who can give you answers is like finding a needle in a haystack, sign of the times I guess.