I have a cyst in the white part of my eye and I have been to the doctor. My doctor told me not to rub my eye but sometimes I forget and it hurts. Does anyone have this problem?

Your doctor suggested you right. Sometimes when we rub our eye it gets infected. In this situation environment also plays an important role. Use sunglasses for safety.

I had it a couple years back. They said its a bacteria infection. Minds I believe was due to my contact lens. I mayhave forgotten to wash my hand prior to taking out or placing them in. Lucky for you it was in the white are of the eye, mine was located on the iris. I was told if it was located in the pupil area we'd really have a hugh problem could cause blindness. I remember the symptoms of it feeling like I had small pebbles in my eye. I couldn't wear my contact for too long. I simply went without one contact in my eye and made sure to keep the area around eye super clean. Dont worry, follow your doctors orders...in time you'll get better. They are still have to see signs that I had a cyst in my eye....well at the symptoms arent there.