Hi, i have been looking into the possibility of going under the knife and getting circumcised.My parents didn't have it done for me as they felt it was my choice on whether to have the procedure done or not. I have not been promted to do this for medical reasons but it's something i have researched and want done. I was just wondering if anybody could give me advice on how to go about getting this done (with regards to contacting the doctors etc), along with info about the procedure, as well as costs for it etc. Anyone who has had the procedure done (for medical reasons or otherwise) comments and feeling after the procedure would be welcome, thanks.

Hi stgeorge,

Good for your parents! I'm glad they left it for you to choose.

How old are you? Why do you want to be circumcised? Are you having any problems?

If you are positive, then you'd want to contact a urologist for the operation. He can offer you some advice on the circumcision and how long the recovery period can be.

Your insurance may cover the procedure if it is done for a "necessary" reason.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Hello Sir! I also have some issues and questions about circumcision. My father is really strict and he is really hard -headed about some things. Well, to cut long story short, I noticed that I have problems with my foreskin so I went to consult my doctor. He told me that I need to be circumcised and that this is OK. Anyway, I started to talk to my dad about male circumcision, like I want to know more about this - I haven't told him that doctor told me that I need to do that, and he told me that real boys don't do that. Now, I am scared and ashamed. I mean, he doesn't have to know but... What to do? 

Im 20 years of age and been looking to have it done for social reasons really. I'm not having any problems at and its not something i have thought about over a few days, something that i have considered for a while. There isnt really any specific reason why i want it doing but my parents left me to make a choice and the choice is that i would like to be circumcised.

Due to the fact it isnt a necessary reason insurance wont cover it and i got a quote of £500 for the procudure to be done. Just would mind some feedback on people who have had it done and tell me about their experience?!

There is actually a book called "sex as nature intended it" that discusses the experiences and scientifics of the differences between sex with a circumcised penis and sex with a whole penis.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Circumcision complications occur in 1 out of every 3 surgeries. If you begin to have complications after surgery, there is a good website about how to identify damage here: