Is there anyone out there who can tell me how much does transanal hemorrhoidal dearterialization THD cost?

Either how much was the cost you payed, or how much someone you know payed or an estimate from doctor.

I signed up to get it next week but no one has been able to tell me or give an estimate on the cost.

POST II

There are three sets of costs for the proceedure:

1)Your surgeon's costs ( I have not yet been billed yet)

2)The facility costs.  (I did my proceedure at a surgery center).   

My copay was around $450.  The overall facility costs totaled over 2 thousand.  The copay was due at the time of the surgery.

3)The anesthesiologist cost.  ( I have not received a bill yet).

DAY 1 (Day of surgery).

I arrived early at the center and was very nervous.  There were standard forms and documents that I signed.  The staff was very nice.  

6:30 I arrived

I think at 8:30 I was rolled into the surgery room and was receiving gas.

By 9:45 I woke up and didn't remember anything from the time I was gassed.  When I woke up I saw big splotches of blood on my surgery gown.

10:30 I was out of the center.  They made sure I could urinate first.

As soon as I left the center the pain has been constantly excruciating.  10 out of 10.  The vicodin is week sauce.  I take 2 every 4 hours and supplement with Ibuprophin inbetween.  Still feel horrible like my bottom is on fire.  

From Day 1 to Day 2 I've been in horrible pain.   

DAY 2

I got some sleep inbetween doses yesterday till last night.  

I haven't gone to the bathroom yet.  Too afraid to try right now.  Yesterday even with the large amounts of pills I was taking I felt like I was dying.  Today the pain is less but the pain is still greater than the pills effectiveness.  I feel like vicodin has the same pain relief worth as tick tacks (the new candy version which isn't even a breath freshner).  My only comfort is some drowsiness coming from the pills I guess.  At least I get a hour or half hour of rest. 

I will post my description of my past treatments with a different doctor and describe my history on my third post.

POST III Day 3: HORRIBLE EXCRUCIATING PAIN. Vicodin does NOTHING. Doctors worry about their patients getting hooked that they under-compensate on the pain prescription. I was scripted 1 Vicodin 5/500 mix per every six hours? What? When I was under banding treatment I used 2 vicodins every 4 hours for days. So I've been taking two every 4 hours and an ibuprophen 600mg inbetween and I'm in excruciating pain. My only hope in taking these pills is to get drowsy enough to fall asleep. So the doctor gave me another set of 25 but that's only going to last me two days. My doctor called the prescription into the pharmacy and that pharmacy made us call my doctor to have the doctor call the pharmacy again and confirm that the refill was correct. These people are either amateurs and new or they don't do THD often. I haven't gone to the bathroom yet. My bottom feels like its on fire. DESCRIPTION OF BANDING: Prior to the THD about two months ago I started recieving banding treatments from another doctor. Banding is outdated and old school. I recieved 3 treatments, my out of pocket cost was 200 hundred dollars. I'm on a 80/20 payment plan with my insurance. I had a set of hemrroids, one was extremely large. The first treatment bandaid I believe worked to get rid of 1 small external hemrroid. Streaked blood would be found on every stool and that lasted for around a month. The last two bandaid treatments were painful and did not work. The doctor would write me a work excuse not saying that with two days I could return to work after each treatment. The guy is discompationate and his methods were outdated even though he worked at what looked like a new hospital. I was in great pain with each banding and there was no way I could return to work within at least 4 days. The only good thing I can say about that doctor was that he was not stingy on the pain killers. When I needed a refill they would call it in. 2 vicodin every 4 hours for at least the first two days would do it. I don't like the feel of vicodin. I didn't think it's was that potent back then. But any thing that I experienced during banding is NOTHING compared to the pain I feel now. Vicodin is worthless in managing pain for the THD. I don't think my surgeon nor his nurse understand the lack of potency of Vicodin. The explanation given by my surgeon and nurse was that a higher dose pain killer would cause me to be constipated. My response is that the pain itself is enough to cause constipation. So I knew I was going to be constipated anyway. I should've been given something at least that would alleviate this pain. I'll post again tomorrow. Hopefully things get better for me.

POST IV Day 3 1/2: Pain under control for now.
IBUPROPHIN finally took a lot of pain away. Vicodin is still almost worthless I think. If you get THD, sleep is your only remedy in the first few days. Today I've been getting an occasional hour of rest here and there. I don't know how long this period of less pain that I feel right now will last.

I tried to use the bathroom earlier today and basically I passed a lot of gas. A small spotch of harden blood came out. Haven't really eaten anything of substance these past 3 days though. I've been on a yogurt, pudding and occasional smoothie diet.

I've been on my back all this time with only getting up to pee. Sometimes I have to force it. I'll post again tomorrow

POST V Day 4: Pain under control by taking two vicodin every 4 hours and ibuprophin 2 hours after each vicodin dose.  

Tried Bowel Movement.  Splotch of blood came out.  Splattered blood around.  I haven't actually eaten anything hard though.  

My diet has been Jello, pudding, yogurt and a couple smoothies.  Body feels like I want to use the bathroom but when I try nothing comes out but gas.

I've been getting a lot more sleep now that the pain is less.  But I will wake up before the 4 hour mark, that's when the vicodin wears off.  

Haven't done much walking.  I've been on my back watching TV.

POST VI: Day 5  Pain was gone for a period.  I was able to stay on Ibuprophin only.   Then I started feeling iffy, so I took a vicodin.  But then the pain was back to back from short rest to wake up.  So now I'm back on the whole thing.  I'm starting to think that the vicodin cause an increase in pain in that region.  Pain came back with a vengeance.

I pass gas regularly for some reason.  But no successful bowel movements yet.  Just blood came out of the last one.  Blood dripped.  

I started eating crackers.

POST VII: Day 5 1/2: Pain is back, it's horrible. IBUPROPHIN is the key to alleviate the pain. I'm taking it at a 600mg dose. I get the feeling like the vicodin actually increases that burning-fire feeling. Cause that's what I was feeling every time I wake up from a Nap which was induced by Vicodin. But I'm worried that because I've been taking so many pills that my insides are messed up. So I'm drinking a lot of water.

Had two strained bowel movements today. The first a small stool came out and a lot of blood. I tried no further cause the pain shot up to FIRE PAIN levels. I'm always feeling this urge to fart and sitting on the toilet helps but the smell coming out smells like that of a toad killed on the highway.

So I felt a small urge to try for a second bowel movement and only blood came out. That sent me into a period in which I though I was going to die.

Fortunate that I could feel the IBUPROFEN kicking in within 10 minutes of consumption.

I'm loggin in day to day so that someone who doesn't know all the much about what will happen will know. The other descriptions by the prior patients helped me out a lot.

Just be skeptical about the pamphlet though. It says that people return to work with-in 4 days of surgery. That's crazy.

POST VIII: Day 5 3/4: After falling asleep from the IBUPROFEN, I woke up and felt strong pressure to use the bathroom. I was thinking it was just gas but then a very bloody stool came out. It was extremely painful. I took two vicodin pills, it helped alleviate the pain this time. But I'm still on the IBUPROFEN.

POST IX: Day 6: 1 stool Bowel Movement early today. Lots of blood. Lots of pain. I'm not taking the pills on schedule now. If I don't feel pain I'm not taking it. I'm only taking it when the pain comes. It comes with bowel movement. I took 1 Ibuprofen 600 and the pain was under control within 40 minutes. Mentally I feel horrible because I know that I'll be feeling horrible for a while.

I am sure the ibuprofen helps,with inflammation but it can make you bleed more. You may wish to try Tylenol (acetaminophen) instead. hang in there.

To anyone who reads any of my posts, the maximum safe acetaminophin dose per day is 4000. So on my first two days, at the rate of 2 vicodins every four hours, that equals 6000mgs per day of acetaminophin cause vicodins is 500 part Tylenol. So do NOT follow the schedule I used. From Anon, day 8

POST XI: Day 13: I'm off all medication. 6 days ago I strained from trying to have a bowel movement. Woke up crapping out blood. After the second time I did it a few hours after the first, I went to the hospital. The id**t ER doctor released me. As soon as I got out of the ER I felt a heavy pressure and had to use the bathroom and a lot of blood came out. So I forced my way back in. I spent 4 days and 3 nights in the hospital, the first night in the ICU. Lost a lot of blood before the bleeding stopped. Over 13 hemoglobins dropped to a little over 8 hemoglobins. There was so much blood that they really didn't find the actual leak. So I have follow ups with my surgeon and have to do a colonoscopy. Because I stablized in the ICU the decision was to wait a little before I do the colonoscopy so that I don't nick something inside. I had two packs of blood transfused. I was bleeding all over the floor and the ER table. I've been on liquid diet since forever now but the bowel movement I had today was a hard stool (some pain but not anywhere near like the ones I had after surgery). I figured if it goes in a liquid it comes out a liquid but I was wrong. Your body can turn smoothies and shakes into hard stool. Some blood attached to the stool. I don't have pain in the interim, I'm off all meds. It gets itchy down there but a little vaseline helps stop the itch. My energy is super low, I'm super skinny now, and I almost died. My biggest worry is that I'll have a bowel movement and the internal bleeding with start again. I'll keep posting till I'm good. Then I'll give my overall advice for anyone who gets the THD. I'll also post my overall costs, that way you all can be super informed before you make your decision.

I am almost 2 months away from the THD surgery. I felt an internal hemorroid last week, I think its still there. I almost died from the bleeding that happened a week after the surgery. Either the strain from the rubberband ligation from 5 months ago coupled with the THD cause me to have massive bleeding from which I almost died, or the Doctor messed up on the THD surgery itself which was the cause of the massive bleeding. I should not have gotten the surgery, or I should not have gotten it from the specific doctor. All of the THD doctors come from a network. There really is no way to know whether your surgeon is actually good unless you can interview someone who has had the surgery from the specific doctor.

I had THD done in January 2013 (this year if your reading in 2013).  My hemorrhoids are back, today is March 24th, 2013.  This procedure did NOT work for me.  It was painful and I almost died from the complications. 

Rubberband ligation did NOT work.

THD did NOT work. 

The only thing left is the traditional slice procedure.  I'm going to have to suffer for another year with hemorrhoids and using creams before I build up enough strength (emotional, mental, physical) to get the traditional procedure.

I will check back for any reply's periodically.  My purpose in continuing to post is to let everyone know what happened to me and to interview anyone who has had the traditional hemorrhoid procedure done.  I'm worried about the complications of that procedure and if it actually works. 

At this point I am extremely discouraged.  The only procedure that I think actually works is to cut the hemorrhoid out.  I wish I had stuck with the first surgeon who did the regular procedure and not the second surgeon with the "New Magical Cure THD" clinics.  

My issue with the first surgeon was that he was incredibly insensitive to the situation.  For me, ligation was EXTREMELY painful and put me out of work for multiple days.  The bleeding was bad, constipation, pain, it was horrible overall and I had to get it done repeatedly.  I told the id**t, why don't you just cut it out instead of making me suffer multiple times.  He kept telling me I'd be fine in a day or two after each ligation.  Now all the supposedly less invasive and less painful procedures have NOT worked.  It almost killed me.  

By: Anon (3-24-13)

If anyone is getting THD, read all my posts. I almost died and the hemorrhoids are back 2 months after getting it.

OVERALL DIRECT COSTS OF THD:
1)Physician ($1000)
2) Anesthesiology ($500)
3)Surgery Center ($2000)

I paid 20% of each of the categories, that's my portion, my insurance took care of 80%.

and NO, the recovery time is NOT 2-4 days. I'm still messed up and i'm 2 months out of the surgery.