My fiance started taking althea birth control pills on the first day of her period. She has been taking them for almost 10 days now, and I will be back there with her in 4 more days. My question is this, is 14 days safe to have unprotected sex with her? I have heard conflicting stories from 7 days to 30 days on this brand, but the other pills she was using last time made her sick. I really want to wait until we are married to have a baby, but she won't let me use a condom, and I don't trust the withdrawal method very much.

Any information on these pills would be helpful.

Thank you,

Gary

as long as she doesnt miss her meds then fire away.

hi.. is it really normal to have spotting while taking althea or birth control pills? is it a side effect or what? 

its my 3rd month now using Althea. i started taking my 3rd pack last May 30. On June 5, i had unprotected sex, but i forgot to take the pill for that day. I was able to take the pill for June 5 the next day, June 6, morning. Is it still safe? please reply. im really worried. :-/

good morning po sa inyo! may tanong lang po sana ako sa inyo.
i take my 3rd pack of althea last september 14 po and at september 16 po ay nagkaroon po ako ng unprotected na sexual intercourse. 
ask ko lang po f safe ba ako sa date na iyon. pls reply po kc worried na po ako. pero until now po nag-ta-take pa po ako ng althea!