I just started birth control about a month ago on August 15th. I take Loestrin 24 Fe. The pamphlet says to use a backup method of birth control for the first 7 days after you start your first pack. Does this apply to the first pack only, or each time you start a new pill pack? Also, my boyfriend and I want to try having sex without a condom. Is it safe for him to ejaculate inside me if I've been on it for a month? Am I likely to get pregnant if I have sex the week after my period? Thanks

Actually their is no fool proof way of keeping from getting pregnant. Not even tubes tied is a guarantee. Your taking a chance of getting pregnant or stds when ever you have unprotected sex without a condom and do not recommend it. Your period is no gurantee of when you could accidently conceive. They mean just the first time your starting the pill, and once its contined into your system than it continues to work until you stop taking the pill. Men will lie about its better without the condom when actually its no different, just as its really not much difference is feeling with a condom to the female. So there is no reasoning not using one, unless you want to get pregnant.