Hi, I need to take quinine caplets to treat malaria, which I got while on vacation in Africa. What is the risk of taking quinine for malaria treatment?

Hi, quinine is frequently used parenterally to treat malaria.Chloroquine was formerly widely used, but as new form of chloroquine-resistant Plasmodium falciparum has developed, this life-thretening disease requires new medications. Quinine acts as a blood schizonticide, and shows less effectiveness and more toxicity than chloroquine. However, if a person gets malaria not responding to chloroquine, quinine has a special place in the management of severe falciparum malaria in areas with known resistance to chloroquine. You should follow reaction to this medication carefully and act promptly in case of any severe diverse reaction.

IS NOT THE GOOD MEDICINE FOR TREATING MALARIA, THE BEST MEDICINE IS MARAFIN OR MUSETO