hi everyone i hope yall can help me with my prob. well im diagnosed with UTI 2 times and im on my 2nd time now the first time i smoked weed while on a medicine for uti the i got a recurrence so i went to the dr. to get prescription again i just wanna ask experts here if smokin weed affect my healing pls help me thankz so much

This same thing happened to me, I tried to cure mine with herbs but started smoking again and it came back.

I can tell I have one because whenever I smoke, afterwards is when I have the worst symptoms (bad smelling pee, pain).

So it must have some effect and I think it does slow down healing. I am going to try and stop and treat again.

You are probably right because it is like a pattern. Your doctor diagnose you with UTI after he has done urine analysis and he prescribe you with antibiotics which shouldn’t be mixed with alcohol and weed especially. But since you couldn’t restrain yourself from not smoking weed you have probably slow down your healing process. And you have probably finished with antibiotics and because you were still infected UTI just came back with the same symptoms.

So this time restrain yourself from smoking weed and not just during the therapy but afterwards as well. You for sure don’t need this to feel good.

And try also to drink some cranberry juice which is beneficial for all urinary tract issues.

mrslow823@gmailYes smoking weed would not help the UTI because the weed would actually block out the antibacterial pill. What you have to do is stop smoking weed for there days while yu take your medication and I guarantee yu that the UTI will stop. And drink plenty of water

My friend is a Chinese medicine doctor and I'm an RN so I've done a lot of research on this stuff.I've suffered from UTIs my whole life until I discovered a natural treatment that is safe and works! A combination of cannabis for pain and inflammation of the bladder along with D-Mannose, a product you can purchase at a health food store, will be the standard gold treatment for UTIs in the future, I just know it. Taking antibiotics can in fact be dangerous and worse for you than treating naturally with cannabis and D-Mannose which is a sugar that binds to the infection causing bacteria. We also shouldn't call marijuana a weed, it is a powerful healing medicine that has helped heal people for literally thousands of years. While antibiotics are great for killing the bad bacteria that causes the infection, they also kill the good bacteria that help us heal. Good luck and remember to drink A LOT of fluid, that will manually help flush those bugs out too. The more you are on antibiotics, the more likely it is that you will in time become resistant to treatment with antibiotics, that's what happened to me. The first round of antibiotics would have needed to be taken exactly as prescribed or else the bugs will mutate and come back with a vengeance basically. You have to take every single pill they give you when you take antibiotics, its super important or the thing will come back stronger than ever.

"train yourself from smoking weed and not just during the therapy but afterwards as well. You for sure don’t need this to feel good." Wank wank wank -_-

Weed is awesone

its kind of hard when you smoke weed all the time and all of a sudden you have to stop smoking because of the uti and taking the medication. just gonna wait till monday.

I use marijuana for medical reasons and need to know how is it going to interact with antibiotic for bladder infection.

I hope to help, sorry for having to disagree with your reply. Cannabis and alcohol has no interaction with most antibiotics, with the exception of those antibiotics that clearly states on the box or in the patient information that it clashes with alcohol - not common.
Some new research is under way on cannabinoids' effects on UTIs, and they might actually be suitable for treating some UTIs, There is a cannabis component that kills a version of Staphylococcus aureus, an antibiotic resistant bacteria.

So, let's not guilt people unnecessarily for having a few drinks or some cannabis, and let's not blame them for their difficulty recovering from the infection.

I am someone suffering from frequently recurring UTI since I moved to North America, roughly for the last 15 years. I have been through countless doctor consultations, antibiotics, some specialist's tests like ultrasound and cystoscopy.

My experience: Antibiotics often do not work, even if the lab confirms the strain of bacteria found in your urine is sensitive to the drug you get prescribed and you take it according to the instructions. I had UTIsin Europe maybe once a year and I always knew why (didn't drink water all day or was prevented from urinating for too long during work). The antibiotics I got always cured it without a trace and my infections didn't recur until there was a serious reason.

My theory: The antibiotics I get here in America might be less efficient. Also, agricultural regulations are different, and raising poultry and other meat animals with antibiotics leads to antibiotic residue in the meat we eat, and these regular low dose antibiotics we eat cause the bacteria in our bodies to become antibiotic resistant. I know antibiotics can only alleviate my symptoms now, temporarily - till the end of the course of pills plus 3 days to a week.

What helps: Cranberry. I used to think it was not terribly effective, until I found the right product. My cranberry capsules contain 36x concentrated cranberry extract, 500mg each. The recommended dose is 1 caplet a day, it didn't do much for me that way. Now I take 4 or 6 a day, depending on how much water did I manage to have or whether I have any symptoms. This works, but I have to always take it. I also read about the miracles of D-Mannose, I will get some when I can afford it, not cheap and they recommend anything between 2 and 10 or 15 grams a day.

Water is key, 3 liters a day while trying to flush out those bugs.

I forgot to mention that I also take at least 2g Vitamin-C a day, besides the 4-6 super concentrated cranberry caplets. I only start having symptoms if I miss taking these supplements and forget to drink water.

It either won't interact or it even might be beneficial, depending on the strain you use and some other factors. According to my online research, reading medical research papers, cannabis doesn't hinder clearing UTIs, it might even help.

Cranberry juice, apparently, does nothing for UTI's based on recent studies.

I hope you ended up trying the D-Mannose...it's a life saver! And it's worth every penny, trust me. Hopefully, you won't need antibiotics for a UTI ever again.

So does it effect it or no?