Hi there

I dont know where to start, the last 2 months have been utter hell for me and i am not getting anywhere. 8 weeks ago had urine infection and didnt clear up and got more abntibiotics then took a bad reaction to them made me very violently sick. I then got taken to hospital where they kept me in as i had severe abdominal pains they found i had a UTI infection which was treated with more antibiotics.

4 weeks later pain still remained in my lower right adbomen a sharp shooting pain which is not there constant but a lot of pain during the day, when moving coughing sneezing etc. Bowel movement is much more and had more diarrhoea than usual. Was taken to hospital after doctor examining me as they were worried was appendicitis. Xray and ultra sound looked normal and i was sent home with no answers.

I am going to see a herbal specisalist tomorrow, and a few peopl have asked if i am maybe lactose intolerant, can this happen after having a kidney infection? Could it cause stabbing abdominal pains? Stiff thigh and hip area? General sore back and muscles?

I am desperate for any help as i am going round and round in circles and its really getting me down.

Any comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Katy

Pain in the lower abdomen. You may also have blood or mucus in your stools, fever, unexplained weight loss, skin rashes, tiredness, or joint pain.

Crohn's disease (pain in the right side) or ulcerative colitis (with pain in the left side).
Dysentery is also a possibility.

See your doctor promptly. Be sure to tell your doctor if you may be at risk for dysentery, or diarrhea containing blood, which is often caused by exposure to water contaminated by bacteria or protozoa. If diagnosed with ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease, you should eat nutritious meals, get plenty of rest, and cut back on stress.
Avoid alcohol and aspirin.

Hi there I am a 40yr female who had the exact same symptoms - pain in lower right abdomen that was sharp, shooting but not constant, more bowel movements and diarrhea. I was cleared for appendicitis, ovarian cysts, intestinal issues. After a year, I went to a chiropractor and found out it was nerve pain resulting from bulged disc in my lower back. I also had pain in my right hip and some sciatic pain. I still have flare ups but after 18mos of treatment most of my symptoms are gone.

Good luck. I hope this helps

The symptoms you describe could be IBS which is caused, some say, by taking antibiotics which kill of the good bacteria in your digestive tract. I get horrible abdominal pain from eating too much bananas or bananas that are not overly ripe. With IBS, you can go from constipation to full blown diarhea in about an hour and have four or five bowel movements in that time. There is a good over-the-counter med that helped me made by Digestic Advantage. Hope this helps.

I wanted to let you know that IBS refers to undiagnosed symptoms such as mild to severe pain, unleveled bowel movements, food sensitivity, and so on. There is no known cure for IBS as it is a name to identify "upset stomach" in the medical world. Some believe it's due to nerve ending in the lower intestines becoming overactive and overly sensitive in the digestion process. Staying away from hard to digest foods help most people.

Just throwing it out there.

I have many of the same symptoms as you i am 14 years old and i have been suffering since i was 9 almost 10. i have been to gyn and a gi doctor a i have had a colonoscpy and a endocopy in the beginning of this year the didnt finnd anything. they told me i had ibs and after that imy pain got so much worse i was told to suck it up and its not as bad as i think by my regular doctor. i have had full blood tests everything was fine i got sonograms and they didnt find any thing. the then made me give them a stool sample and they found a parasite and treated me with heavy anti botics that they usually dont like to give to adults. The medicine made me worse and i went to the hosptial that day after leaving school early. They gave me a sonogram and i was in so much pain i couldnt eat or drink or do anything. I finially had enough water in me to have the sonogram and they insited on making me take a pregnancy test. It came back negative and i dint have a lot of water in me for the test and i also had my period and the doctor said its normal for her stage in her cycle. about a month later i got another sonogram and in my left ovary was a giant cyst that streched out my ovary and my left ovary was so enlarged because of it. they treated that with the bcp and after the cyst wnet away all my doctors gave up and my pedatric doctor put her hand on my head and said your pain is in her sweetheart learn to live with it. i still have intense cramps and nausea and direah and im always contapated my legs cramp up so badly during a bowl movment and the pain gets so intense i ccant move and have no choice but to stay there in pain and cry i have been looking for answers for years and it seems easch year it gets so much worse and its complete hell. i have recently found an amazing keniesoligst who trys to help me as best he can. he helps put my body into balance because i have a really bad chemical unbalance. he has given me anxety meds called formula 303 and i take asodolphis and intense bowel support you can find itensebowelsupport at wal mart and asodolphis is at gnc and foumula 303 you can only get through a chropractor and about 100 other different meds but i would sugest geting tested for a gluten alergy or colitis or go to a gyn doctor and get a colonoscpy it will at least eleminate a lot of things so good luck i hope you find out whats wrong and feel better.and if your doc ever says your pain is in your head and tells you to get a pycologist ignore that doc and get a new one who will listen to you.

ps sorry for all spelling mistakes

My pain is severe only in the mornings, at times my stomach on right side feels swollen, severe pain moving form rib cage to hip around to back and lower stomach!! I take stool softners with a mild laxative in it, and end up with with almost a solid liquid bowel movement!! Afterwards severe burning in lower right side!! I really do not know how much I can take of this!! Been to er three times, had a colonoscopy, mri, cat scan, this has been going on for years!! It stops sometimes for months, but always returns and last for a couple of months!! Hope you find some answers!! I feel your pain

very helpful thanx

I have similar symptoms minus the diaheria. Chronic UTI's, Kidney infections, hip/back pain, and this thing where my intestines knot like a animal does in colic... The intestines issues was the most painfull thing ive ever experienced and ive seperated my collar bone twice and dislocated and broken six rips so i had a good comparison. Anyways, after clearing tests for celiac and lactose and other food allergies my dr pretty much gave up and just gave me super strong muscle relaxants and pain relievers to take when it got bad. I was not pleased with this but could afford to pursue it much further. So I figured out on my own through pretty much starving and doing my own process of elimination food tests, the issue to be meat, especially red and pork that is not organic. Consulted my dr and it turns out im sensitive to antibiotics enough that I react to eating meat of animals that have been fed them- due to a process of bioaccumulation of the drugs the levels of drugs can be intense by the time we consume them. So that solved the stomach issues- but the chronic kidney issues remained and really took off after that. I went on to have, in addition to UTI's, kidney infection, bladder infection, 2 blood infections within 3months, and I was labelled at risk of both kidney and liver failure and possibly turning septic, yet they could not determine a cause of it. I spent the past two years in the hospital/at the dr's for this pretty much once a month. And at the worst (fever of 103, pain, deathly grey looking, blackouts, puking) i had an emerge doctor tell me my white blood cell count was so high my blood looked literally like puss under a microscope (she was a young dr and really freaked out). But Im a college kid- so most of the time the school drs/emerge people wrote it off as just another kid out drinking too much and just kept giving me more antibiotics in stronger doses- which I'm allergic to so turned into a zombie and literally have blackouts of days- to over a week where I remember nothing of the time while on antibiotics and my roommates tell me I was border-line unresponsive. After almost flunking out of school due to this and them never finding any cause I've since given up on "modern medicine" and turned to herbal and diet control and exercise to help my body flush toxins. This was the best decision I made. Simply drinking detox remedy teas by the gallon daily and eating tons of fruits and veggies high in antioxidants, plus a really high protien intake, while cutting out dairy and about 75% of my wheat, has brought it under control. I still get the occasional shooting pain in the kidney region but no longer have any other symptoms. And the shooting pain passes. I've not had to go on antibiotics for 5mnths now and that is pretty much a miracle at this point. My last m***n dr thinks I'm "cured" and I'm pretty sure still thinks I'm some sort of closet alcoholic and or drug user. I wish it were that simple, if I have more then three drinks more then once a month i can gaurentee i will be in the hospital within a matter of days with a severe uti or kidney infection. So that's it upto now... I know I'm still screwed up somehow and just surviving. Don't know if this will help anyone...but it's scary how often I'm hearing of young people like me (I'm 22 and if I really think back it started when I was barely 15) that are having similar issues and many being diagnosed with chrones disease. So I guess my message is goto a natriopath if u can afford it, and if not be very aware of what ur putting in your body when eating, especially meat of which the animals are fed antibiotics as a precaution thier whole life. I also appolagize for spelling and grammar.

hi ladies i'm having the same problems i'd like you all to look up endometriosis no one has ever mentioned this desease before to me but after some research after getting nowhere with all the tests i've had i'm finally waiting to see a gyno to see if this is the cause.x goodluck and i hope you all get sorted soon mine has been going on for about 7 yrs and is getting worse with time which means it's probably spread. wish some1 had mentioned it to me before.x

Hi had endometriosis for years. Un diagnosed of course. What people don't realise is that not all the symptoms are listed and they are not always monthly!. I had more trouble with bowel pain than anything. My period pains were COLOSSAL! But I had had major pains shooting up my bum!. Eventually doc sent me for tests. Found I had endo. A few years later at 35 a full hysterectomy. Surgeon says worst case he had seen which actually made me feel better as I had felt like a complete wimp every month and a few times in between!. Part of my insides were stuck to my bowel hence other pains. Now 44 NEVER looked back!. Today I'm off for a scan as now have bowel symptoms! pain lower right, feels tight inside. Bloods back normal. We will see. Lol wish me luck!.

Hi, I am 17 yrs old and I have suffered from a similar thing size I was around 10yrs old. I have lower 'stabbing' abdominal pain that comes and goes but it gets so bad that I can hardly move sometimes. I also have to sit on the toilet a lot while I have this. On the odd occasion I am also sick & burn up. Over the years my pains have been more in sync with my periods. I am under the hospital for it all & have been ever since it first of all started but still no answers. I have been through lots of scans & tests but nothing. Now they think it could be endromitrousis (spelt wrong) but like many people I am told they can not do anything about it at the moment. They have put me on the pill for two months and then I am to take lots of tablets for my 7 day break (but I am still in soo much pain everytime I come on) recently I have only been spotting but the pain I get is horrendous! It's even worse now! I can't tell you what it is but I can give you some tips to get rid of it.. Laying down, with a blanket over you , with your legs tucked up near your stomach or laying flat on your back (not moving) can help. Also if this doesn't help with the pain then putting a hot water bottle or something on the lower part of you stomach may help. Also take paracetamol as this helps a little bit & if you have it also take some codeine with the paracetamol. Then have a sleep (if you can) & when you wake up ,you should feel a lot better. Hope this helps somehow.

I also have similar symptoms, but I have been looking for an answer for years now. In my case it all began with a sinus infection and Zpak. After that I experienced abdominal swelling and pain in mid to upper right back and upper right abdomen. Two ERs told me it was IBS but it was actually something called sphincter of oddi dysfunction. I had an ERCP and sphincterectomy to fix it. I was better for 2ish months then pain in right side and back returned...once so bad I was sent to ER with tachycardia and fight or flight response. The current working theories are: same problem as before (procedure didn't take), pancreatic duct issue (BC I have rare birth defect of pancreas divisis), adhesions, intestinal parasites, or BC it all started with antibiotics something called c-def.

I should prob also mention that to date I have had 3 barium CT scans, an ultrasound, an MRI, and a gastroscopy that all came back clear (and countless lab tests for thyroid, cancers, liver and pancreas things etc). I was only allowed to undergo the ERCP after I tried more than 6 mos of medicine trials plus all the tests wete not helpful, BC of the risks associated with the procedure.

I had the same sort of problem 4 weeks ago. It started with burning in the urethra after pee. I went to see a doctor and was prescribed antibiotic for 3 days to treat uti. This relieved my pain and stiffness my thighs and calf but the burning still continued, then I had to take a 7 days course of antibiotic which I'm still having. My legs are still very stiff and I have cramps at night and during the day as well. There is a feeling to not being feeling well, sad and nervous.

I'm taking cranberry juice and have started cranberry tablets, that a friend suggest. I'm also taking barley water, which is supposed to clear urinary infections.

I can understand your problem and hope get well soon!

Anj.