Periodically, I have been getting hives/welts/bites in pairs. I only experience 1 set each time. Ist time about 6 months ago, on my left front leg above my ankle. second time 4 weeks ago on my right front side just below rib cage. Third time, front top of pubic area. Most recent top of left shoulder.
They last about 4 days, itch like heck and leave tiny discolored marks on skin. They come in pairs(only 1 set at a time) and are all 1.25 inches apart. Could this be connected to symptoms of Lupus? Or ???
It is driving me nuts.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

I have been dealing with the EXACT same thing. What the heck is it??? A bug, I assume...but it's so infrequent. But always 2 at a time, and always about one inch apart

I have the same thing too! It seems to happen once every few weeks or so, and almost always in a pair as you both said. There have been a few times where it has only been 1, or I've also had a pair on my arm and had 1 appear on my leg or somewhere else completely different.

They itch so bad and nothing really seems to help. The worst part is that when they do finally go away, anywhere from a few days to a week later, they leave a mark on my skin, sometimes lasting for a long time.

At first I thought they were bad reactions to mosquito bites, because I started noticing them in the summer (when I would randomly find a mosquito flying around my apartment), but it's now well into winter and there are no mosquitos around. Now I can only assume they are hives, or some other sort of bug, but I've definitely never experienced anything else like that and no one else I've talked to has either.

I have had the same thing over the last week. Only one pair at a time every few days.

From other sites I've read about, they could be bed bugs: ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

They have to feed for a few minutes, so if you budge in your sleep they move about an inch and continue feeding. Gross - but everything says that they don't transmit diseases. However, I've read they are incredibly difficult to exterminate. I'm having a bug guy come check out my place to confirm, cause I can't find any of the bugs in my rooms. Good luck - if any of you found out what was wrong, please post back here for the rest of us!

Did anyone figure out the cause of this? I am experiencing the same thing. Pairs of welts that look like bug bites, usually 1-1.5 inches apart, but no other signs of bed bugs. Have thrown out clothing, bedding, carpet, but still keep discovering bites when I wake up in the morning as well as ones that appear throughout the day. I have had flea bites before, and this does not appear to be fleas. It's been about a week now, and I have over 20 bites. Started the same time the weather got nice outside. Sometimes they are singular and appear on random parts of the body, but more than half the time they show up in pairs.

The weirdest part, which I'm just beginning to notice, is that sometimes where there was a single bite before, another bite will show up next to it several days later. There is also no bite mark / entry point in the middle, just a small welt that grows bigger and itchier over the next several days.

I am going to an exterminator to check if it might be bed bugs, but am skeptical since there are no other signs and the symptoms are so strange. To be continued...

Did you figure it out? I am having the exact same symptoms!

I have bed bugs, but they usually bite in more than just a pair.They leave 3 bites behind (or more).
Bed bugs hide inside wood  cracks all day , usually close to the floor. They leave dark marks on the sheets, like a line or a cross, very tiny.To get rid of them it's not enough to throw away things, one should vacuum the entire house a few times and than spray a special product everywhere on the floors and bed. It's very important, because i have sprayed Lysol (supposed to kill 99.9 of all viruses and bugs) right on their faces and the bed bugs didn't even move! Not even spraying bleach works, it's incredible! Besides, they can 'hibernate' without food and survive for a year and a half. One should really take this seriously, because the female lays a few dozen eggs daily. Besides chemical treatment, there is also the steam treatment combined with heat. You buy a steamer and steam the whole house while putting the heat on to max in every room (they will try to escape and move somewhere else). It takes 55C to kill bed bugs. And don't forget to check all the linings of the floor and walls for cracks, which you should cover promptly , to stop the bugs from getting in and out of the walls. Good luck!

I have something similar did you ever get an answer?

Guys withotry me trying to scare you, I found out the cause of these hives coming out in pairs. I did a serious blood check and guess what! Diabetes. The found out that my blood sugar was awfully high whereas I am just feeling fine. So all of you having these problems, please go and get your sugar check and let me know what you found out; me be my case is specific. Also take of anything that can cause your skin to hit up, fabrics with polyester, blanket, heating venet stove, any friction on your skin,etc. like to hear from you

Hi there , Did u find out the reason. I have 5 pairs of those. Itch like hell. One pair on my ankle 4 pairs up my forearm... Pls help. What is it ?

Anyone found other reason behind the bites? I have also started getting bites in pairs..sometimes at night sometimes during the day. In my case there is a tiny hole in the middle. Really itches and take the itches takes a few days to go away.

I have the exact same thing. I've ruled out bed bugs, fleas, mites from my cats/dogs, scabies, etc, etc....any ideas would be appreciated.

Has anyone figured anything out besides the diabetes? My husband is experiencing the same thing. It is not bed bugs as I have checked and I sleep in the same bed ANd am fine. he has quite a few bites now. Kind of concerned.

Recently encountered the same problem as other posters. No signs of bed bugs or any other pest in the home but suffered from the occasional "bite" in pairs. Had an exterminator do a walk through and confirmed no bed bugs but suggested the problem is more likely an allergic reaction to something consumed or brought into contact with my skin. I traced the allergic reaction to a new duvet cover and pillows I purchased online. Other causes could be soap, detergent, clothes, or diet. Still waiting on confirmation as time goes by without the new duvet and pillows by my bed. Hope this helps you worry warts. Pun.

I went to the doctor with mine and had the dr baffled. She couldn't figure it out either. She said it must be some kind of allergenic reaction as well or viral reaction. For mine they don't itch at all, just annoying to know they are there. She gave me an inflammatory med and I've been using a blend of rosemary, purification and tree tea oil on them. Alcohol and calamine lotion to try the out.