I have been experiencing pain in my left buttock and in my left leg, sometimes even in my left foot. Radicular pain – that is how my friend described it to me. He said that the sciatic nerve is probably damaged somehow and that it causes pain. Is what he is saying true? I remembered that I have been lifting some heavy furniture last week. Could this be from that?

It is most probably from that. The sciatic nerve got damaged from physical strain and subdued to inflammation. That led to a radicular pain in your back, leg and foot sometimes. The treatment depends only on severity of the condition. It seems to me, from the way you described it, that it is a light form. You need couple of days of rest, and than to use medicaments your doctor will prescribe you. Most likely, it will be pain killers, muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory drugs etc.

I have pain in my left buttock slightly generating down my left leg more so my butt. I have not been exercising or lifting anything it all came about on saturday a couple of years a go I had foot surgery the doctor had to remove screws that were coming up through my skin a couple of years ago recently I had to go back to have a cortisone shot because my feet hurt under my big toe