Hi, couple of days ago I was playing football with my friends, and I was pushed over the fence. My leg was injured and it still hurts. I feel numbness and weakness, and I guess I damaged some of the nerves. Could this be a reason for my pain?

Yes, it hurts terrible when you damage the nerve. The symptoms are exactly what you described- pain, numbness, weakness and even swelling. You must be pushed really hard when this happened. However, you should see a neurologist to do EMG test. Then you will know if a damaged nerve causes your problem. If it does, you will probably have to take some medications like amitryptilene (25mg or more), and go to the physical therapy. I hope that it is nothing serious after all, and that your pain will disappear in couple of days. You should stay at home and rest, and don’t play any more football until you feel better! It would only make it worse by increasing your pain.