Tingling In Left Leg After Gall Bladder Surgery 2 Days Ago

I had gall bladder surgery on the 10th and also had at first what appeared to be numbness in my right other thigh, now it seems to be just tingling. I also have no answer why. The doctors say maybe from position during surgery.

I have the same thing! I had surgery on the 26th of July and my right thigh and knee have been numb since the day after surgery (it could have been the day of too, but I wouldn't have a clue). I called my surgeon and he said it isn't related to the surgery but probably from sleeping on my back. It's been a week and no change.

Did your numbness ever go away?

I had my gallbladder out on Tuesday Feb 13th and I have leg tingling , cool sensation in my right knee and calf. I tried to call my surgeon but no response yet on why this is occuring. I also feel like I have some discomfort, cool sensation in my lower back.

I had a lobectomy one year ago 2/06 and have had numbness and pain in left leg ever since. Dr's say maybe postion laying in hospital..They don't know..Pain occurs when I excercise.I am very concerned b/c it is not getting any better only worse over time..Does anyone have any suggestions?

I also had gallbladder surgery in November. The next morning when I stood up, I couldn't walk because my feet were numb and tingling. It took a minute before I could then move. I was also told the nerve could be bruised from the position I was in during the surgery. Some days it feels better than others; but it's still there!

My mother has severe Gall Bladder problems and suffers pain in her right upper outside thigh - as if her skin is on fire. I also have slightly less acute Gall Bladder problems and sciatic pain running down my right leg. I know a little about reflexology and can aleviate the pain by massaging the right foot intensively. Soaking my foot in hot water and Radox also helps a lot.

Not a cure though - but when you are in serious pain for days anything that helps without taking massive pain killers has to be a benefit.

I had gall bladder surgery mid-March and still have numbness and tingling and sometimes a burning sensation in left thigh.......The doctors say it is from the position I was in during surgery.....Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone recovered from this over time???

There is a connection in accupuncture and Applied Kinesiology between the Gall Bladder and a muscle behind each knee called the popilteus. Most frequently, if a person has either gall bladder issues or nutritional problems that may have caused the gall bladder to go bad, the popilteus muscle will test weak. Since this muscle does support the knee and is close to a major nerve called the Common Peroneal, there could be a connection between this muscle and the gall bladder. It is possible that had you gone to a chiropractor that does Applied Kinesiology when the gall bladder began to show signs of disease, he/she may have been able to interupt the cycle and saved the gall bladder. My suggestion is to only go to the best chiropractor that has ICAK credentials. Removal of the gall bladder does't mean the real problem has been discovered or removed

yes all of you are correct this problem was occurred to my mother from last two months after the surgery of gallbladder stone removel.no one had the interest of giving the answer to this problem. my mom had this problem after surgery one month more .went to a doctor he said that only by using some type superficial things which were specially for the burning .so consult a doctor he will see it and will give you some thig.