Last week I started to get bad pain in my lower back, Since this first started it has got worse. Today I seem to also have pain at the very top of my right leg (under my buttock)

Can anyone help?

I cannot get booked into the doctors until next week and feel like I may be wasting there time.

Hi Rosie,

I have had exactly the same thing and need some help on this ???

Dear Rosie,

Well, you may have been to the doctor already, but it seems that you have lumbago (low-back and sacral pain) and sciatica, that is irritation to the sciatic, posterior femoral cutaneous and pudendal nerves. The three nerves innervate the buttock, the lateral posterior thigh and most of the lower leg and foot (except the medial lower leg and medial foot to the medial large toe).

Most usually the cause is thought to be a herniated spinal disc, but surgery to correct such a problem is usually unsuccessful. I determiined, after a two and one-half clinical investigation that such neurological pain is most frequently caused by rheumatic autoimmunity. A person can have a low-grade infection by Streptococcus pyogenes (Strep A), the germ that causes strep throat, tonsillitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, etc., and about one to four weeks later they may develop pain of the type that you have because of the inflammatory autoimmune disease that such infections cause. People often also have redness of the face (cheeks, nose, chin, "v" of the neck and red palms of the hands). You see, it is a blood vessel inflammatory disease and nerves have a great many blood vessels in them and since they are very sensitive people usually have neurological signs and symptoms before they have others. Since Streptococcus pyogenes is a germ common in society back pain is also very common.

There is a treatment, but one that most docs do not know of since the condition is usually thought to be surgical in nature.

Yours, Norsk10