Recently, I noticed that the left side of my scrotum was bright red and wrinkly, compared to the normal skin around it. It is quite itchy, and on the right side is similar but not as much, but there were white-ish spots on it, but they weren't really that itchy or anything. I am almost 16 years old. Is this anything serious and what should I do? It's an embarrassing topic to discuss with my parents, so I need some advice here first to build my confidence. This is only happening on my scrotum and not my penis, or anywhere else on my body. 
Thanks in advance.

Hey there.... first off are you sexually active at all? Do you play sports or live ein an area of the world where it gets hot and causes you to sweat? Has this rash gotten beiiger? It sounds like it is most likly jock itch.... har to tell with out a pic or being tested... look up jock itch images and see if any of them look familiar to yours.... also look up candidiasis.