This happened about a week ago after some rough unprotected sex with my partner. I thought it was some sort of jock itch. But really doesn't look like it as I have seen photos and have had it in the past.

I have used some Cruex spray (for jock itch) and that seemed to make the tough red itchy scrotum rash go away (it sorta flaked away), now on my upper theighs (where the scrotum touches) have a minor rash (on both sides). Just looks like a bunch of small ingrown hairs or little pimples. I also have a few just above the shaft of the penis in my pubic area.

It itches (not horrible) - so I use the cruex spray and baby powder to help control that. But could this be something bad? I don't know - scabies?
Any clues to what this is?[/img]

This definitely doesn't sound normal. If you've had sex with your partner for a while, you can probably rule out an STD. Or it could be an odd reaction to whatever you were doing that particular time. In any case, this sounds like it's been going on for a few days. I would think about setting up an appointment with a doctor to make sure everything is okay.

You know, the more I look at this, it seems like it could be "prickly heat."

Does anyone else have anything to say about this?

This is caused by dry skin, but most of the moisturizers don't work at all.

Eight years ago, I was facing the same problem as you, it took me 3 years to find the final solution-a home remedy for itchy skin, check my profile for details.