The other night i noticed a small patch of tough skin on my scrotum, I didn't no what it was so i left it till the morning to see if it had changed at all. When i awoke in the morning i had this unbearable itching sensation in my scrotum, when i took a look i noticed the patch had spread and is now covering 75% of my scrotum. The skin feels alot tougher and thicker on the patch and it is also red and itchy..
does anyone know what it could be????

I have the same thing. It happened about a week ago. I thought it was some sort of jock itch. But really doesn't look like it. I have used some Cruex spray (for jock itch) and that seemed to go away, now on my upper theighs I have a minor rash where my scrotum touches my leg (on both sides). Just looks like a bunch of small ingrown hairs or little pimples. I also have a few just above the shaft of the penis in my pubic area.

Any clues to what this is?

i have the same thing, i thought maybe it was because it was dry, my hands are dry, but i mean my scrotum is CRACKING and peeling itchy and very dry.and yes thicker on the sides near my legs maybe from rubbing i dont know..

i did jock itch research thinkin thats what it was..but i was deffinetly wrong.

it comes and goes the itch..mainly when i sweat and its hot... someone please diagnose this...

I seem to be suffering from something very similar..

I usually shave my scrotum (and areas around) and have never had a problem with it apart from the odd ingrown hair. A couple days ago I experimented shaving against the grain for a really close shave (oof bad decision) which led to some patches of what looks like ingrown hairs and some discomfort.

Overnight I find I have some irritation to the skin on the left of my scrotum (and after 10h all over) and dryness. Also felt very tight and cracked and uncomfortable. It was extremely painful yesterday and itchy but seems less so today.
Now it's still itchy (but less so) and not nearly as painful or tight but I've got dry flaky skin over the area and it looks a bit inflamed.

I'm assuming it has to do with the shaving but I've really no idea. Find some info about 'jock itch' which sounds similar but the pics I found of that don't really match. (No rash on my thighs as of yet, just ingrown hair pustules).

Hmm.. I'm just a little panicked after the pain yesterday. Any advice would be cool >:(

I recently got a rash on my scotum. skin is thicker and inflamed. the cause may have been a metal penis ring that i did not keep very clean. ive been washing with dial soap and then drying my body completely with a blow dryer. then use benadryl cream then doust your nuts with baby powder to dry it out. its been helping. im 3 days in. but i do also have a slight rash on other parts of my body that looks loke poison ivy. so im confused %-)

I have the same problem like you guys described (for more than 10 years), and I have been through more than 10 Dermatology Doctors, 100 medicines. Doctorscut a piece of skin and did lab test twice (3 years apart). The test results tell me that I have LSC (LICHEN SIMPLEX CHRONICUS), my Doc also call Fungal, yeast etc...

I bought almost every anti Fungal, yeast medicine treatment in Longdrugs, Wallgreens, Target drug store etc.. I also searched the Internet and bought any thing that people in forums suggested but none of them works...

Three weeks ago, I read a post in a forums for the same problem the poster use Metronidazole 500MG Tablets and the problem went away.

I asked my doctor for this prescription drug. The problem went away on the 10th day of this drug. I still have one more day on this antibiotic drug. I feel so release and hope this itch goes away forever..

Here is the drug:

-Metronidazole 500MG Tablets (2 tablets a day for 14 days).
This cost around $29.00 (USD)

Note: The 1st 7 days of this drug I feel normal but for the last few days I few so sleepy. However, I feel so good because my itch is gone.

You can search for flagyl (Metronidazole is generic drug of Flagyl).

I also bought Fagyl Metronidazole Cream, but I have not try since my problem went away.

Please comeback and tell us your treatment.

Thank you so much for sharing your treatment, with your information that might cure my scrotum itch forever.

I finished my Metronidazole 500MG Tablets about a week ago.

My itch and crack skin are all gone for about 10 days now.

I am feel so happy. I hope the problem goes away for good.

Thanks.

Using hand lotion for 2 days on the affected area did the trick for me!

omg thank you brother from god you may have just saved my balls ive had this going on 4 yrs and all the dr I see DONT KNOW sh*t !!! did they keep telling you you had hiv? im going to dr tuesday and telling him this info....Mine started very small years ago it was a small pink itchy qourter sized patch between my balls and ass and it stayed that way for for years and it would come and go with yeast inffection treatments then it spread into my ass,thighs,bottom of penis and became hard and peeling with rock hard flakes of skin and stunk very very bad i hope I can use your meds and get rid of mine to.thanks for posting.

Hi. I have a Rash between my legs, skin peels off exposing red area that stings on touch sometimes bleeds with excessive pain. Been around for 2 years gets really irritating during the summers. After itiching deadskin cells fall off revealing white area as in dry skin. Plz suggest treatment. I got it during swimming . have not been swimming for more than 1 year.

Myself with the same problem over 15 years, now going to intake the Metronidazole 500MG Tablets (2 tablets a day for 14 days). Let's hope for the +ve result.

hi sam you have fb ? cause i need your help cause i have the same problem and im only 14 years old :( , im scared of this

Im really worried I have the same thing and I irched my balls really hard it hurt ( on accident) and now its still there help me

Has anyone other than ggcc used this and had it work?

Hey go, did this continue to work/solve the problem long term?