Hey,
My scrotums recently , like past two days, been very itchy. I have absolutely no idea what to do. The skin seems to have contracted i think bcos of the cold weather. Moreover, have not been able to get a decent nights sleep over the past few nights. Keep on getting up bcos too i feel to hot/cold. I also know that there are many tiny lumps on it, but when i last showed this to a dermatologist, he said this was normal. Is that true? Over few years, my scrotum has been itchy bit not this intense i think. Also recelntly, theres one fairly big lump that i see, a bit reddish, and im not sure what it could be.
Im worried if this could be anything serious. If anyone could give some advice as to what they think could be wrong as well as some forms of relief, it would be well appreciated.

Hey there,

Well it could be some yeast infection or fungus. But you said you have red skin and some lumps. Tell me, how old are you? Did you have had sex lately? How long do you feel it like this? Only 2 days?

This very important because it could be some STI (Sex Transmitted Infection) like crabs or thrush ...

Do you use any lotions or lubricators or crèmes? Do you shave yourself often? Please let us know more so we could try to help you and give you some advice, or try to contact your dermatologist again and talk to him about this problem!

hey,
im not sexually active. just under 18 yrs. i dont shave , rather just trim the hair from time to time. when i visited the doctor to find out why i felt a general itchiness of my scrotum, he said that it was just itchiness due to stress, perspiration etc. gave me some type of cream that i would apply after shower morning and night. however this was like 3 months ago and the cream finished like more than 2 months back.
i also asked him then about the little lumps, land he said they were normal for ppl to have.
Recently, i saw a relatively larger lump that has just stayed on the scrotum.
just threenights/days ago, my scrotum got real itchy and unbearable, and has been and couldnt get proper sleep at night. is it possible could be bcos of the blanket i sleep with making my body temperature too hot? or too cold when i didnt use the blanket? i also seem to feel it realy wierd when the skin contracts/relaxes, and thats when it is unbearable particularly.
However, i WAS able to sleep alright just last night. Today, its not really itchy, nor contracting/relaxing much and i seem to be doing ok. Any reasons?
Could it be the soap im using? i switched to the medicated anti-microbial soap today and seemed to do ok. But tingling sensation of slight itchiness is sort of there. Normally i use a creamy shower soap and mabye that caused the itchiness? previously when i was doing ok (before the bad itching started) and i think used johnsons baby soap everyday.
really confused why the itchiness happens, why there are lumps, and why contraction/relaxion happens....

Yes, probably you're allergic on creamy shower soap or on some ingredients and chemicals. Try to use milder soaps for sensitive skin. You can find it in every pharmacy (drug store), just ask for some sensitive skin soap. Use some castile soap 100% made from organic olive Oil or something similar.

Anyway talk to your doc. Use phone is much faster :-)

Take care ...

Hey,
thanks a bunch for letting me know. Also, just wanted to know whether general itchiness is normal? contracting/relaxing of scrotum skin is normal? and any precautions i can take with regards clothing, sleeping habits,eating habits etc to prevent intchiness/discomfort, contracting/relaxing if uve got some suggestions? thanks alot

hey dude,

Well, here is the topic with info about skin contracting:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/foreskin-question&highlight=foreskin

At the beginning it could be itchy a little bit, but it will past with time and later it will be easy to contract your skin without itching. Maybe this cause the scrotum itching. I see you're very young, so if you have long foreskin just keep it stretching and contracting from day to day. If you after weeks still feel the itchiness, then visit your dermatologist. And take care about hygiene, it's very important ....

Surf around in this forum I think you'll find other experiences about foreskin stretching ....

hey mate,

I had the same thing a while ago. There's a good chance it could be scabies. Especially if after a while it spreads to another part.

You need to get a cream like Lyclear or Ascabiol, and cover your whole body from neck down with it.

The only annoying thing is that its not easy to get rid of first go, because if you miss one, or there are ones in your clothes it'll spread again.

The first doctor AND dermatologist i went to told me its probably herpes. Then i went to another one, and he got it sorted. frikkin useless dickheads.

I have always had a problem with itchiness on my scrotum and around it. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I am pretty sure it is not jock itch, becuase everything I have read says that jock itch does not effect the scrotum or penis. I have also noticed that my sack hangs a lot lower and my erections are no where near as big or as hard as they used to be. Im only 17 and I was just wondering if what I have is normal or not.

Hey, i have this, too. itchy scrotum, with little lumps. i noticed hair grows out of these. So i think it is normal. im 15, and if the itching gets worse, ill see a doctor.

I have this also. But im not sure because I have little bumps along the shaft of my penis. they follow a redish line but are only on the under side and sides of the penis. I have no bumps on the head. Im kindof worried. I went to the doctor and they said they were perfectly normal. but I for some reason think not.

I am a 20 y/o male and not sexually active.

AWWW SHIII My nuts itch real bad also, And i keep clawing at them until they bleed but its still itch PLUS painful now cuz i scratch off the scabs, i cant soap my balls because its still bleeding so it will hurt

what should i doo

You are just becoming a man. The lumps are your balls, and the itching, well, that's just normal. Let those babies breath!

I aslso have these small white bumps on the scrotum and bottom of shaft and in the past week they have itched like all get out. Nothin on the head yet but they seem to be slowly goin towards the top?

my nuts itch soooooooooooooooo bad i cant sleep i got like little rashes where my scotum and thigh meet and on my thigh but only under my nuts itch i need help fast

I've had this problem for over a year and my solution has been keeping and using a seperate Anti Perspirant Deodarnt that i use for under my balls. Which seems to have been the solution for me.