Hi all,

two days ago i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend.
She is on the pill and to the best of my knowledge is not cheating on me (nor i on her).

Anyway yesterday i noticed a mild burning/tingly/itchy sensation around my groin.
Nothing too painful but at times it seems to be also in the Penis and scrotum.

I also had to urinate more frequently (for a period of about 2 hours)
I also had a bad itch around my anus (though this may be as a result of the gym (sweat).

Today its not so bad but the tingly/itchy sensation is still there.

Does anyone know what this could be?
Fungal infection perhaps?
I did not wash immediately after having sex.

Could i have contacted something from her?
Or was it the gym?
Should i avoid sex with her before/if i decide to go to the doctor?

Please advise!

Worried...

from what your explaining it could be several things.. it may be a fungal infection common in males is jock itch which can easily be treated with a topical otc medication.. if the frequent urination continues it could be a urinary tract infection, or it could also be an std but the symptoms you described are kind of vague.. do you have any bumps on your groin or anal area that would resemble a diaper rash?.. thats likely jock itch.. but if it persists dont hesitate to get professional treatment!.

Thanks for the reply!

No - i don't have any bumps around my groin/anal area but i did have these about a week ago.
There were red bumps around my public hair which was really bad after/during the gym.

I spoke with my girlfriend and she said she picked up something on holidays
due to the water of the swimming pool, the beach, and because she stayed wet with the bikini on for too long.

The frequent urination only lasted a few hours then went.

The main symptom was a severe itch around the area between the anus and scrotum as well as a tingly/burning sensation around the groin, scrotum, penis.

Its hard to describe. I also felt something resembling trapped gas around my lower gut.

I put some sudocrem on the area and it seems to have worked.
The itch is practically gone today, when i look back - yesterday was indeed awful..

Are there any over-the-counter creams you can get in a chemist?

Should i abstain from unprotected sex?

Many thanks!