About a week ago i noticed red bumps on my inner right thigh, groin area. Then a few days later my scrotum began to itch and burn very intensely. After a little research I self diagnosed myself with some form of jock itch or crotch rot and went out and bought lamisil anti fungral cream. I have been using the cream for 2 days now but the problem only seems to be getting worse, my scrotum still burns, and i jus tnoticed that the scrotum is now bright red, smooth, shinny, and leathery. Also, i did masterbate and i noticed that the underside of my shaft has red spots on it as well. Even as I am writing this my scrotum is burning. Does anyone else have the same symptoms as me and if so how the hell do i get rid of them. SHould i stop using the lamisil cream, could that be making it worse???? PLEASE HELP ME, oh and i am a virgin so stds should not be a factor.

Guys, your also describing what can be caused by sweating. IT could just be a bad heat rash, or can be caused by lack of washing.

It's right at the top of the inner-groin just to the side of where your testicles lie.

I reccomend a hot bath, for each day of the week, within 2 weeks or sooner it'll be gone. I reccomend also not to wear loose underwear or underwear that will rub it, i.e loose boxers, they tend to role up and rub, a nice fitted pair of boxers ones not to baggy and not to tight.

If the problem continues, post back!

went to the doctors finally and was told it was a serious case of jock itch, the red scally tenderness on my ball sack was the result of the medication, if that happens it means it is working cause it is drying the area out. i was told to buy lamisil cream and use it twice a day for two weeks, i am giong on about 1 week now and everything is starting to get back to normal. the scally scrotum begins to go away after u keep using the lamisil cream. and a word to the wise dont use hydrocortizone cream with the lamisil because that can just *** with the skin even more and make it take longer and be a lot more painful

**edited by moderator**

lamisil really that useful? I'm suffering terrible unbearable itch.. tried the antifungal cream my doctor gave but did not cure the itch..

From the first post you said that it did not cure you after 2 days? Hows your condition now. please reply..

I just thought I would add a thank you to the guy that went to the docs to sort this.

My symptoms are almost identical to the letter and I tried hydrocortisone/lamisil/aqueous etc. He is dead right, the hydrocortisone seems to make things worse as far as I was concerned. I thought the lamisil made it worse also but I guess because the skin was still bright red scaley and flakey that it was getting worse but, now know that it is meant to do that and means its getting better.

So, now, I can try the lamisil again and continue it instead of stopping because I thought it was getting worse!

thank you!!

i have the exact same symptoms, only one night i woke up to myself scratching the f**k out of my inner thighs, and from then on my inner folds have been bright red and have a white layer over them, my scrotom is all leathery and beat red and burns and itches alot.

i just got back from gettin lotromin jock itch powder spray, and lotromin ultra jock itch cream, i just put on the spray, and im gonna try it for a few days and then try out the cream. i notice i only get this when i get athletes foot from basketball and hockey. but i let this go a little to long and now im really paying

I have a red rash on my inner thigh about 4 inches down from my scrotum that started out about the size of a silver dollar. I tried Lamisil intermittantly for a while and that seemed to keep the rash in check. when it was not going away, I used cortizone-10- 1% Hydrocortizone Anti-itch creme Plus 10 Moisturizers - what a nightmare. Within a few days I had red spots spreading out around the original rash and it has now spread to by right testicle which is itchy and very moist from perspirtation. I have discontinued the Cortizone and gone back to the Lamisil on a more regimented treatment - it seems to be easing up a bit but it has only been 3 days since I started back with the Lamisil.

thank you whoever posted this. i thought i was like a freak or something. same symptoms that have been listed. i tried staphaseptic bacteriacide cream and like goldbond/anti-itch powder. no results. it feels like it fevers on its own or something. HURTS! It hurt so bad i couldnt sleep and went on the internet to look 4 cures. this has proven to be the most helpful.

Well no responses to my post but thanks anyway. Despite what some others said about hydrocortisone Im using it out and it seems to be working great.

apparently you don't know what scabies are......the red rash between y our thighs could be yeast or as posted a very bad case of jock itch..Monostat..yes the medication that woman use for yeast infections work very well also the doc can order a fungal medication that is used for ring worm and i promise it will clear up..my husband has the same thing and as long as he uses his medication it doesn't bother him...

This has happened to me as well. The best thing for it is, caldesene baby powder. Use it in the summer as well or if you've been working out.
I thought I was going to go insane with the itching the first time it happened to me adn I tried all the doctor prescribed meds and they had limited success. Since I've used the caldesene it hasn't come back and it's inexpensive as well,

So it sounds like we all have the same thing here: Red irritated itching sack with a " leathery " look. Hair follicles aggravated a bit with the wrinkles on the sack making you feel like a 90 year old man. I had a small case of this right at the beginning of the year, went to the doc and got checked. He brushed it off. Did the STD tests and came up 100% clean. Lets do a timeline break down, it will be much easier:

Dec '07 - Sex with partner, unprotected 3 times. Each time, things got worst. Worst to a point I took notice and went to the Doctor.

Jan '08 - Unprotected again, no symptoms of redness or what not

March '08 - Same partner unprotected (very clean low risk STD girl) for sometime through out the month with zero symptoms - I beat it, all is well.

April '08 - protected sex 2 times with 2 different partners and the stuff came back. I honestly believe it has something to do with redheads and their fire crotch.

So pretty much from this point, I have read posts about yeast, staph infections, jock itch and any bacterial fungus one can imagine. Doctors keep blowing this stuff off like it is nothing but it is something. I am sure there are some guys out there that have these symptoms, but I really think there is some kind of STD here. It may only be fungal, but why are we spending the money to have this blown off?? Does anyone have a real answer for this? I read one forum where one guy tried baby oil and tea tree oil + some other stuff and he said it was gone. I have seen others where Gold Bond was the cure ......... only to find out it made it worst for me, and I now have a rash on my inner theigh. Every cream I have heard of is making everyone worst and doctors are refusing to listen. Does anyone have a concrete answer to this? Everyone here maybe different, but in my eyes, I thing God is punishing me. I hope it is only me he is punishing ..........

you should go to the nearest health food store and buy some neem oil its good for rashes. :-D

I have the same thing, after a certain point from what I've read I think that powders can only make it worse by clogging the pores when the rash needs to breathe. My mother just got off the phone with a friend-of-the-family doctor who said Lamisil is the way to go.

A bunch of people have posted that they have used Lamisil...if those people are checking back would you mind posting something as to how well it is working since you've begun? Thanks for all the help everyone, off the the pharmacy I go!

If it's jock itch caused by yeast or fungal infection, apply liberal amounts of Betadine (Povidone Iodine). I tried it and it really works! Itchiness was gone after 2 days. No side effects, no scaly skin. It also has a drying effect on the scrotum skin. Betadine also works effectively against athlete's foot. It seems that fungi and yeast are killed off by the presence of iodine. Because the treatment is so cheap, pharmaceuticals feel threatened and want to supress this info.