I have recently developed a bumpy red rash on my inner thighs and I was hoping someone here could help me sort out whether it's just a sweat rash or an STD. The rash seems to appear only after exercising and/or being outside for a long period of time (I live in a hot and humid climate). The rash also appears on both sides of my legs only in areas that would rub against the seam of my pants or my testicles (high friction areas, I guess). The rash consists of varying sizes of slightly-protruding bumps that look like popped blisters (ring of dead skin around the center). Teh bumps aren't particularly painful or itchy.

My concern is that I've had unprotected sex recently and I'm a bit freaked out. Is there any STD which would show *only* on the inner thighs, with no sign of anything on the genitals? I have no other symptoms of anything, and the bumps themselves aren't really itchy or sore.

Thanks.

hey there guest,

what your describing sounds alot like a typical contact dermatitis (inflamation of the dermal skin tissue from rubbing and sweat)

it goes away after you stop exercising and showers help correct? also it only comes about durring exercise?

you should be fine not an STD.
hope you find this info helpful and if you have any other questions just ask ;-)

Jock itch or tinea crusis is a skin condition that might cause a rash on inside of thigh. It is caused by a fungus called trichophytum rubrum. This fungus generally thrives in warm and moist areas. This skin condition generally affects athletes or people who sweat a lot. One can also get a rash on inner thigh from running. It is caused due to friction or thighs rubbing against each other. If you notice a circular red rash with elevated edges, you must consult a dermatologist soon.Chemicals used in certain skin care products can also cause an allergic skin rash, therefore, it would be a good idea to use medicated creams or lotions. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

That's great to hear, thanks. I've only seen it twice so far but yeah, seems like it only appears after exercising or long days walking around in the hot sun. There are still visible spots today but they are very faint now and seem to be going away quickly.

STD sores would take a longer time to disappear, correct? Also, just out of curiosity, could you say whether it is possible to have an STD/I that shows visible sores but not on genitalia or mouth? From what I can find, scabies, syphilis and herpes are the most common (only?) STDs that show in this way, but from what I understand is that they transfer from contact, which is to say that it would be a bit bizarre for my thighs to have gotten infected and not my actual penis, right?

Thanks again.

hey so jock itch also came to mind however jock itch lasts and typically requires medication to cure. so its not that. as for stds have you had sex? if so was it ever unprotected? it is unusual to not get it on your penis but scabies is caused by a mite on the skin so it would not typically infect the penis but rather the skin in the groin area (as well as abdomin and other areas. since you said you get this when sweating and exercising i am 99% sure that it is cantact dermatitis. try applying a powder like goldbond or baby powder to your inner thighs and scrotum before exercising or going out in the sun. this should help,alot. wetness is the main problem so if you can keep the area dry it should help immensly.