My friend said that he had brain surgery last Sunday (6/14) and then he drove about 30 minutes to hang out with me on Monday and seemed fine. He asked for advil for a headache, but I didn't have any. He said he was on morphine though. The whole time we hung out he didn't show any sign of being in pain, but he told me that they in the process of taking out about a nickel sized benign tumor (through the nose, I think), something happened and now the release of acid in his stomach is messed up so they had to put something in there to regulate the flow, but now he can't eat meat, fruit, or sugar. And this past week he has not been in contact with me or anyone else as far as I know. His surgery lasted for about two hours.

Does his surgery, outcome, and etc sound legit? How long would it take for the pain to ebb away?

Why don't you get in touch with your friend's parents to get some information on how he is doing? Maybe he is resting comfortably in bed right now.

Brain surgery is actually a surgery that is not very painful. It's a pretty complex surgery but it's not painful, so it's possible. Just out of curiosity though but what reason do you think that your friend would lie about this sort of thing? I don't think it sounds illegitimate, but it's really hard to say without knowing the full situation. Does he have a history of lying?