Hi, what are the symptoms that can be related to rectal cancer? I have painful, inflamed rectum, bad constipation, bloating and fullness. I have family history of rectal cancer, what make’s me very scared.

Rectal cancer can be manifested by a change in bowel habits including diarrhea or constipation. Sometimes, if cancer tissue damages local tissues blood in stools can be detected. Abdominal discomfort such as pains, bloating or fullness are all seen due to cancer presence. Because of malfunction of rectum other symptoms like sudden weight loss, tiredness and vomiting could also be detected. However, these symptoms are associated with many other diseases and rutine procedure would be required to make a diagnosed. All these symptoms can be related to dysfunction digestive system, hemorrhoids, constipation and many more.

Hi there,
You have to understand that there are several sings of rectal cancer, and some of them can easily indicate something else. For instance you will notice diarrhea and in some cases constipation as well. You will most likely have issues with digestion and you will have a feeling that your haven’t emptied your bowels properly. Your appetite will also change because you won’t be able to eat the same food as you used to. Tiredness is also a symptom of the rectal cancer. This cancer is also called colorectal cancer because cancer affects the colon as well. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco