Hi. Could anyone please help me with my problem because no meter what I do, it is present almost all the time. I'm 34 year old female and I would like to find out more about this.
About two weeks ago I started to feel this strange rectal pressure.
I don’t know what is causing it but the sensation is very similar to one just before bowel movement. But the thing that’s confusing me is that my bowel is empty and still I have this feeling.
Please tell me what should I do? I have even tried with some anti-constipation medications but nothing could help me.
I'm pretty desperate!

Hi. I have read your post and, since I know a bit about this, I have decided to help you. You see, as you already mentioned- the problem isn’t in constipation. I have read somewhere that herniated disc in your spine can cause a pressure on nerves in your tale bone and cause this sensation of rectal pressure.
The short term solution could be an injection into the base of your tail bone. But the only long term solution could be a disc operation. Rectal pressure could be also caused by rectal cancer.
I have also read somewhere that traditional Chinese medical principles say that spine problems are also caused by weak kidneys so supposedly acupuncture could be also helpful.
Whatever is the cause you should contact your GP immediately for further evaluation.

Wondering if the lady that had the orignial problem with rectal pressure got help? If so what was determined and what helped. I have been feeling the same rectal pressure that never goes away.
It feels the same as you described. I need help.
I am glad I am not the only one with this crazy feeling, but I am worried because I am having stomach issues with this as well.

pustejovsky wrote:

I'm pretty desperate!

Hi. I'd say you have what is called Irratible Bowel Syndrome(IBS). It can be fixed with medication.

If you are female, don't rule out fibroids.

edited by moderator****web addresses not allowed

I have constant pressure in my rectum, pressure in between thighs in the groin area, discomfort in my lower abdomen and am very nauseated. I don't want to eat as I feel worse when I do. I am not constapated. I still feel this way when my bowels are empty. I don't think it is due to rectal spasms as they are painful and come and go quickly and I have this feeling 24 hrs. a day for two 10 days. I have no blood in my stool. I am 59 yrs. old. I am having a colonoscopy and pelvic CT scan next week. Within the last few years I have been diagnosed with Barretts Esphogus and a hiatal hernia. Is it possible my uterus or bladder is dropping and causing this or it is most likely a colon problem? It is very hard to get anything accomplished during the day as I feel so bad. Any thoughts on what might be wrong with me?

There are several pains associated with muscle tension... rectal pains can be caused by muscle tension and are very common and usually ignored or misunderstood.

Most of you may simply be experiencing muscle tension in the rectum area... you may have a feeling of something up there with there is nothing up there... or piercing pains or both.

All you have to do is not fear the pain or pains in that area now... at first this sounds strange but its is the real cure. Muscle tension is caused by bad diet, not enough exercise, sitting for long periods of time. Muscle tension is exacerbated by fear. If your fear the pain associated with the tension you will tense a great deal more.

All you have to do is exercise more, better diet, and dont fear the pain.

How do I not fear the pain? Simple... you now know what is causing the pain in the rectum (muscle tension) this is half the battle...knowing that there is nothing bad( cut, disease, etc.) up there or in there is a big relief and also helps to reduce your muscle tension in that area. Knowing what is going on reduces the fear thus reducing the tension.
Whenever you feel the pain, simply remind yourself its just my muscles in there squeezing.... if im not afraid of this, in time the pain will go away. When you feel pain during, before, after a bowl movement... do same thing... dont be afraid... know whats going on... and simply let the pain be as bad as it want.... just leave the pain alone... let it do what it want, let it contract all it wants, dont try to stop the contractions.

have pressure coming from above on my rectum muscle and it is causing rectum to stay tight so i have to push all thru.i am not constipated nor any diseases and was just destranguled all way down rectum from bowels by adhesions.everything is a push as i physically feel it trying to work thru but never fully empties so always in bathroom pushingcan anyone relate?

Getting enough fiber in your diet is important, it can do funny things if you don't get enough.

I have a problem with pressure on my rectum. It feels like I need to poop or like if I was constipated. I can seat in the toilet for an hour and many times in the middle of the night because the pressure builds up when I am sleeping. It seems that way at least. eventualy the pressure just goes away. can any one help out.

I'm pretty desperate!

Did you ever go to the doctor or did it just stop??
Thanks
D.

I'm pretty desperate!

Yes, I'm amazed to read that theres a few of us feeling the same thing!!! I know that many with the same problem isn't helpful to remedy, but at least it makes us feel quite conforted to know we're not the only ones!!! I'm 36, female from Mexico. I've been having colitis and gasthritis problems for a while now, but with the precise treatment it goes away until I behave badly and eat spicy or hot dishes (a problem being Mexican, for we love it and use it all the time!). But it normally can be controlled with my gasthroenterologist guidance, omeprazole, dicetel and diet rich in fiber and without the "bads" (we all know 'bout them). The thing is that a few months ago, I felt this strange rectal pressure, that at a point went away for a few months. (About four years ago I fell down on my coccix and it bent, but had it fixed. Also I have had hemorroids sometimes. So I attributed the pressure to either one.) But for a couple of weeks it has slowly returned, at first on and off, but now it's almost constant and it actually has started to produce a VERY off and discomfrotable sensation inside my groin too. It's desperating!!! I went to my gastro. physician, and she order me a colon x-ray by enema (I surely don't want to do it, first because it must feel awful, but also because I'm terrified by what this can be!!! (And it isn't cheap either!!! And I'm currently unemployed!!!) So all this has taken my full attention, my fears are all around this, and as a XXI century cancerophobic... I don't know what to do.
Will this go away??? Is it as some have argued before... tension??? It can be, of course! My stress levels are peaking tops of the tops... I don't usually do any exercise, my diet isn't that great and I spend a lot of time sitting. I have noticed that it worsens when I'm driving, or sitting around or watching t.v. or right now, sitting in front of the computer sharing my angst with all of you.
CAN ANY ONE HELP US HERE??? PLEASE!!!!
TNX A LOT
PA

Guest wrote:

Thanks
D.

I'm pretty desperate!

I sometimes have abdominal bloating too. While that comes and goes the constant pressure on my rectum does not. It feels as if I always have to make a bowl movement, even after I have one. I had a MRI and I'm going to talk to a doctor about it soon. This has been going on for months and I just want to figure out what it is. It doesn't hurt when I make a bowl movement, my stool is not bloody, it looks perfect normal, and I'm fairly regular.

I just wanted to say I feel the same (29 year old, female). I don't know what to do anymore. It's simply maddening. My physician is a clever woman, but her suggestions did not help so far. I just feel terrible. It also impedes my lidibo, which makes me very sad as well. I suppose I have to live with it. Somehow, I feel better to know there are others like me out there. Please continue posting your frustration, ideas, comments!
Take care,
Lili

I have Recently woke up One day Two weeks ago with rectal Pressure it is making me crazy its worse at night and in the morning . I have been to my Gasto Doctor a nd a proctologist . the proctologist said it is an anal fissurre it doent seem to getting any better . I have tried valium this does help me to go to sleep but morning is the worst . I also tied leprax i did not like that it maade me two dopey it has an anti spamotic did not help s. Any one Out There Know how to relive this pressure . we Know its not cancer but I cannot Stand It anymore I do Not want To live Wth This Help