Hey guys,

I'm a 19 year old male and for the last few years I've been dealing with what I think is a rectal prolapse. I believe it started in high school when I had a bout of chronic diarhhea. During a bowel movement, if I strain hard I can see it prolapse but I avoid doing this because there doesn't seem to be any point in straining during a bowel movement. During my main BW in the morning I hardly need to strain at all and I am good for the day. To try and combat this problem, I'm trying to change my diet, cut out the straining, and reduce time in the toilet. Can anyone give me any more advice on this? I want to avoid surgery if possible.

The condition is not painful. There is no bleeding or discharge while not on the toilet.

Thanks.

Hi honey! I feel for you! The BEST thing is not to increase your fiber too much - as this can compound your problem! Also intake more calcium and Omega oils! Also Flax oil or seed! The more Omega oils in your diet - including olive oil, increasing the "mobility" of your stool!

Now for your prolapse doing keagle's for your rectum here is a link for this

http://www.depend.com/learn/kegel_exercises.asp

I have to say honey that I would really like you to get your rectum looked at, even though you are not suffering from the prolapse doesn't mean that it shouldn't be treated! There are special physiotherapist for the rectum, and they can offer you help and give you suggestions on how to "fix" your particular problem! You don't need operations, but it is best to get a professional opinion OK?

Good luck and health honey!

Thanks for replying Bambi. It's an embarrassing problem especially for a young person like me. I'm doing those exercise and I think I'm doing them right.

I think I will try and go to my family doctor when I have time. College dictates my schedule unfortunately. Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

OF course talking about your rectum is embarrassing the good thing is we ALL have one!!!! ;-) XD XD :$ There are actual special therapists that deal with rectal/vaginal prolapse and there are even bio feedback tools they can show you how to use! 1 of them is a tool you insert! And start using your sphincter muscles to "grab it and hold the position"! When you get sent to a Proctologist, you will feel at ease, because that is all they do!!!! And your's isn't so special!!!!! ;-) ;-) XD Until you get into a specialist lets get a hold of NO bearing down, and NO constipation! Fibre is a double edged sword actually, too much can bung you up OR cause you diarhhea! So it's finding YOUR balance! And if you increase your water and oil intake, this should take care you having to strain! Actually honey more and more young people are having rectal problems, and it is mostly down to diet! So if you think about it, the intake of processed foods, and high bad fat foods can really cause havoc! So get an appointment and good luck honey!