What causes fuzzy stuff on stools? What every it is, it is wraped around the stools. Other symtoms: double over crapping (small intestinie) once in a while (activies have no effect), very pal as if I am loosing blood, once in a while I have bright red blood in the stools. I use to have endomitiosis but I had a hystorectomy to get rid of it. Could the fuzzy stuff on the stools be endomitiosis?

What you are seeing could be mucous. Is it white fuzzy, green fuzzy? I don't believe that endometriosis can grow on your fecal matter. In regards to the blood in your stool, if it is bright red then it is fresh blood. You could have hemorroids or you could have a cut/tear while making a bowel movement. If you ever have a bowel movement with a black tar looking substance, you need to see a doctor immediately, because this means that you are bleeding from somewhere else (stomach, etc.).

Any time that you are doubled over in pain, you need to go see a doctor. I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), have mucous in my stools, and suffer on the IBS side of severe consipation now. It's not comfortable, but there are medications and diet changes that can help tremendously.

Hope things go well,
Amy

Ditto, I am 53 and had a hysto 8yrs ago. I swear that I still have endo. I still even have PMS. I told my doc this shortly after my surg and she put me on antidepressants. I still have dull periodic pain where my ovaries used to be and every month or so I get a bloody nose with clots of blood. I thought that when I reached the natural age of menopause that it would stop. So far it hasn't. Even though the medical community doesn't acknowledge it, I swear that there's a connection between candida and endo.

Please know that a hysterectomy is NOT a cure for endometriosis (unless they also did complete excision surgery on the non-reproductive areas that were affected. For example, if you have endo on your bowels (or in the cul-de-sac &/or uterosacral ligaments), this can cause bowel symptoms. If the endo in these (& any other areas) wasn't removed completely AT THE ROOT, you still have endo & the spots that weren't removed completely will grow back. PLEASE read 100 Questions & Answers About Endometriosis by Dr David Redwine -- a true pioneer in endo research/treatment. I have a particularly complicated case of stage IV endo & live in Chicago -- so far I can't even find a qualified enough surgeon in my area to tackle what I've got growing (maybe dr Frank Tu -- we'll see). Also, you didn't mention *when* you have the rectal bleeding. If it's random it could be due to hemorrhoids (internal or external), fissures, etc. but if it's cyclic along with when your period used to come, it sounds like endo of the bowel to me. That needs to be addressed surgically & no, despite what you may hear (even from well-meaning doctors), A HYSTERECTOMY IS *NOT* A CURE FOR ENDO!!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've done TONS of research on this awful disease & can definitely give you some good resources.
Source: obsessive researcher of everything endo (it took me 18 years to get a proper diagnosis, so you end up being your own doctor) & currently getting my masters degree in holistic nutrition, hoping to one day focus specifically on nutrition for endo & other reproductive disorders.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

See my responses to the other poster, I know this is an sold thread, but I hope you guys see it & can learn something from the info I suggested (otherwise email me -- see my info below). Cyclic nosebleeds could indicate sinus endometriosis. This may sound crazy to you because too many doctors are too undereducated about endo & don't know about this, but accusing to dr camran nezhat, endo has been found on every single organ & anatomical structure of the body except the spleen! How crazy is that?!? And if you were taught it was due to a process called "retrograde menstruation", that's been disproven too as ENDO HAS BEEN FOUND IN HUMAN FETUSES, during autopsy & in *rare* cases, MEN (generally those being treated for prostate cancer). I want to tell both of you so much! Please email me! (See below. Or above?)
-Audrey

Thought I'd respond to this as well. While this poster is correct, endo can't grow on stool (at least not that anyone I know is aware of), if you have endo in the bowel and/or rectum (or, arguably, certain other adjacent structures), the bleeding in your stool, if cyclical (meaning right around/during your period) & the pain (can be cyclical or even every frickin day, like me) would still indicate endo. Even if you hadn't been diagnosed previously, I'd consider that, but the fact that you were already diagnosed sounds to me like you have endo in other sites that either weren't completely excised, or even missed altogether, which is sooooo common it's embarrassing.

Amy can you please contact me I need advice bad! Any tips would help. 

Did you ever get any answers I'm going through that my postmenopausal too and they don't believe a word I say either!