It is been a while now I am having these strange rectal pains and it has become very hard for me to deal with them. And what is the most strange is that these rectal pains occurs only during the night waking me up and it feels actually like I have an rectal spasm that doesn't lasts longer than a minute but last night this strange rectal pain lasted about half hour and it was unbearable. I am afraid if this could be the sign of some serious condition such as colon cancer.

My dad suffers the same strange rectal pains occasionally and he was told that he has some condition called proctalgia fugax caused by rectum muscles spasms so these strange rectal pains you have are probably spasms and I don't think there is an effective treatment dealing with such rectal pain except maybe rich-fibers diet especially if you suffer from constipation frequently. Also whenever you have these rectal pains try to reduce it by some warm bath and even the massage of affected area would help but I also think you should go visit a gastroenterologist anyway just to make sure what this rectal pain is about exactly.