My younger daughter is suffering from ADHD. I have divorced from my husband when she was 4 years old, and at first that her behavior has something to do with that. But after numerous scenes and hers constant conflicts with environment I took her to the doctor and finally we got diagnose, ADHD. Now I am thinking about best possible solutions. A friend told me about mix of Ritalin and Clonidine. Has anyone tried it?

Yes, it is good solution but you must be careful. My son also has problem with ADHD and we have gone thru a lot until we have find this mix. It has its bad sides but when you compare it other possible solutions then it makes sense using it. As I said you must be careful because Ritalin is appetite suppression so the best would be to monitor his calorie intake. Of course medicines are not enough. You must educate and inform yourself about the disease so as her environment.

Hey I'm 15 and I am taking Ritalin 54mg and clonidine .2 . I looke up this because I have trouble sleeping some nights an I'll stay up all night and day. I'm becoming worried because I have insomnia, chest pains, drowsiness when I stand after sitting and chills from the insomnia. I'm kind of getting worried because when I just looked it up I started seeing deaths and stuff like that. If you can give me info. On this than thanks.

i was put on Ritalin 10mg and clonidine .05 as a kid. i think if my parents had just taken some responsibility and actualy raised me i would have been fine without.

Be grateful your parents are getting you help. When I was growing up there was a lack of understanding regarding ADHD they would just say you have behavior problems your hyper no sugar for you etc... I ended up living a long life filled with jails and hospitals because of my ADHD was untreated and I self medicated ended up addicted to heroin and methadone got clean 10 years ago and have been taking my ADHD meds ever since and feel better than ever... Take your meds and if your having trouble with them tell your Doctor there are different kinds...Its your choice either live a healthy lifestyle or choose to be your own Doctor like I did and stop blaming your parents

My 11 yr old son took ritalin for many years and then last year, we noticed he had a rise in heart rate. Dr prescribed clonodine to control the heart rate. We gave it at night because it made my son drowsy. It really didnt seem to help the heart rate. He also complained about the Ritalin making him sick at his stomach so this year, Ive decided to let him go without it. So far, so good. Im hoping he can function without being drugged. Good luck to all of you.:-)

I think my son could say the same thing one day, as his first few years (first five or six actually) were difficult for him (our family), with domestic violence, separation, court blah blah blah leading to a very angry and distressed mum. I can say though that I did everything I could for my boy, getting him all the counselling I could and systematically ruling everything else out (e.g. trauma etc.) In the end, there was no escaping that he has a neurodevelopmental disorder that would be there no matter what our family has gone through. My advice to all parents is to remove as much of the stress from family life as possible, slow down the routine of life and love your child as the true gift that he/she is.

My son is using both it is going well

I have inherited problems, it could be your natural instinct.

Bravo! This is the best answer to the old, tired excuse of blaming the parents. I commend you on getting it together and making healthy choices for yourself. It takes courage and hard work.

Every health problem has a cause and a symptom. It's possible for one parent to care but the other does not want to think their child has a problem and that parent goes into denial and blaming the caring adult not the behavior. Causing a child to be over the top or shows anger or non-conformity when in the company of others. Yet being alone is worse still they can begin to fear life in general and see no hope for the future, but their put on medication. This solves others problems but does it solve the childs over activity or small signs of autistic behavior.
Another possible cause could be a form of mental abuse either in front of the child or to the child. Having alcohol problem in a parent would cause confusion to any child and also sexual abuse, bullying, hitting or other form of cruelty. Just imagine the cause going unnoticed till the child is a adult, what do you think the person would be like if unable to get help or understanding, let alone love. We have to focus on helping by trying to be a good listener, have heaps more patients and be able to offer UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and give them our time not a dollar bill.

I say bravo!

I have the same thing at this exact moment an i'm very scared of dying cause i looked it up too

Nicely said dude

Great reply man. It takes to be a person of character and integrity to be able to share that publicly. Thanks for sharing and Live Long & Healthy, and Prosper,