Hello gang, I'm new.

I've been noticing that over my past almost-month of running my stomach always hurts anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes after running... and it lasts sometimes until I go to sleep. I get 'the runs' sometimes, or just have to drop a deuce every half hour or so. Needless to say, it's annoying. (Sorry if that was TMI). I guess it eventually tapers off 3-4 hours afterward and I was kind of suspecting IBS until I came across some article somewhere that suggested sensitive stomachs can't handle vigorous workouts and whatnot (especially those new to the exercise)

I try my best not to run on a full stomach, so I wait a good 2-3 hours after finishing dinner to start my run. If that's a bad idea, stop me there. I also don't do too 'vigorous' a workout really, because the longest I last is a good 45 minutes and it's not straight-up running... I like to break it up with walking when I get tired. Then again I've had a lot of muscle aches so I'm suspecting I might be overdoing it anyway.

Basically, is it true that you can mess up your digestion this way, especially if you know you have a fairly sensitive stomach to begin with? I'm not overweight, and don't have any health problems or anything like that. Thanks for your input!

Running and walk both of this exercise are good for stomach and body fitness .Do Running in early morning and walk is must your routine after dinner.

Usually if you are experiencing GI issues during or after a run, it is due to a food sensitivity. The culprit is usually gluten (found in wheat, rye, barley and spelt grains). The gluten can cause a lot of inflammation in the digestive system and is exacerbated by exercise such as running or high intensity endurance sports. Strenuous physical activity makes the gut more permeable, which leads to gluten and other toxins being able to irritate the gut more easily. This is why many individuals who can tolerate gluten normally have a problem with it when they do intense sports. Also, the sensitivity to gluten can also cause your system to become sensitized to other foods such as dairy. The key to alleviating the symptoms is to go on a gluten-free diet, especially making sure you don't eat gluten before running or doing any type of endurance training.