Hi, I am about to start running and I need to know how to prepare myself properly. What kind of equipment do I need? What is the best timing?

Hi, I suppose that you want to start jogging and improve your physical condition. It’s a smart choice but you need to go slowly and let your body adjust. At the beginning you should warm up a bit, because running injuries can be serious. It is very important to intake enough liquid before you start running and to keep taking it while you are running, since you lose water by sweating. In fall and winter time it is more difficult to run, so you can choose instead some other activity like gym, aerobic or indoor sports. The best timing for exercise is in the morning, but mostly people work out in the evening since then they have free time.

The only investment you need to make as a beginning runner is in good running shoes. Go to a running store where they will watch you run and fit you with the best shoe for you. The proper running shoe can make the difference between pleasure and agony as well as prevent injuries. Good luck.