I stretch my calves and my back, take a few sips of water and i am literally out the door and running 8 minutes after i wake up. Is this bad / should i be stretching more, waking up more / eating and drinking more??

I get up at 4:45 AM and start the coffee and go back to bed. At a little after 5:00AM I get up and brush my teeth, drink coffee, stretch a little, check in here and whatnot until I get ready to drop a deuce. Once that is over, I'm out the door and running.

About 30 minutes between the time I get up and the time I start running. Most of my stretching is done when I get back in from running.

Same here. Feed the kitties, take care of their toilet, take care of mine, walk around a bit, then ret to go.

pro i get up, take two hits on my inhaler (for exercise induced asthma)
grab some water, drop a deuce then out the door

no stretching here

no stretching here

ditto, except I drop the duece prior to the inhaler. Generally out the door in 10 minutes post alarm

For the last 6 yrs. I have ran from 6:30-7:30AM. 10 mins stretch before and after. average 4-5 miles 5 days a week. It's important to stretch before and after.

I usually wake up just before my alarm goes off. I turn off the alarm so that it does not wake my wife. I sit up, put my shorts on that are sitting next to the bed. Then shirt and shoes. I go pee. I am out the door within 3-4 minutes of opening my eyes. Half the time I don't remember the warmup. I think I am still asleep.

Then I start really running. I feel the city starting to wake up. The sun lightens the sky. The street lights go off. I come home as the house is getting out of bed. I go to work knowing that I have done more exercise that morning than the rest of the building combined will do all month. I smile to myself.

Todd