Is it normal for my nose to start running when I eat hot food (not spicy)?

I eat with the family all the time and they don't have this problem. When I start eating hot stuff, I have to take a little break so that I can go and blow my nose. It is very annoying and disrespectful to leave the table like that.

I do too! It is very annoying, isn't it? No matter what food thats heated up. Pop that baby in the microwave, pull it out all hot and steamy, put it in your mouth and here comes the runny nose. I don't have any idea why either, but I sure would like to know. My grandfather has the same problem, and he keeps a handkerchief with him. It's kind of odd and lack of table manners, but you do what you have to, right? Question... are you an all around moist person? What I mean is, do you have more saliva than the average person, sweat more, or are more oily skinned than the average Joe?

I get the same problem, only with hot food, and I can remember as a child being told off by my sister for sniffing all through the meal, because she said it put her off her own dinner!

Gustatory Rhinorrhea is the cause....google it. They say that if you take an antihistamine about an hour before eating it will prevent the nose from running. I haven't tried it yet, but am willing to try just about anything! Hope this helps!

Wow!... and I thought I was the only one in this world that did that.

Gustatory Rhinorrhea could be a reaction to the temperature of the food.
You can take nasal spray, Atrovent, before eating and it will stop the runny nose. The best time to take antihistamines is about an hour before you eat.
This can be very irritating, I hope that this will help you.

:-(
I also have had this problem for years and i hate it, but i get it any time i eat hot or cold food.
I have read the comments about taking antihistamine & really dont want to be taking them 3 times a day every day,also i may be out & my girlfriend will decide we go in some pub/restaurant for food, so on times like that what do i do,tell her we'll have to sit & wait an hour?
I think it's time to go to the doctors, good luck to all other snotties!