My father is 49 years old. He has chronic pancreatitus, diabetis (insullin dependant) acute renal failure, and pulmanary edima. (sorry for the spelling errors) September of 2005 he was rushed to ICU and put on hemo-dylasis for 6 days striaght. This was after he was swollen for 2 weeks to 210lbs normally weighing 140-160lbs with tests showing nothing to explain why. Since he got out of ICU every time he has a meal his whole face sweats, even his forehead but no where else. Was just wondering what could be causing this and if it should be looked into further.

The swelling your father experienced could be due to heart problems or liver failure.

As for the face sweats I haven’t heard of any diseases and problems associated with it. It could be due to spicy food, or just a psychical reaction to everything that is happening to him at the moment or certain foods reaction.

I would certainly report this to his doctors because they have more experience and know if these things happen with any or combinations of the problems you father’s having.

I am 36 years old and currently going through testing to find out why I am having severe stomach 'attacks' that last for 2 to 3 days. They have ruled out and digestive disorder, I have had my gall bladder out 16 years ago, and I have GERD, which I am on medication for. The other day after I ate dinner, I felt my stomach rolling the food over and my face and arms began to sweat until there were big beads of sweat all over my face. I have had stomach problems for quiet some time, but nothing like this before. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and what type of medications you are on.

I am 36 years old and currently going through tests to determine why I am having severe stomach 'attacks' that last 2 to 3 days at a time. I recently have had several bouts of facial sweating after eating. It's not every time, and completely out of the blue. It's so bad that my face gets beat red and I get huge beads of sweat all over my face. Sometimes it radiates to my arms as well. What is this associated with?

when my husband eats he starts dripping sweat

I am 30 yrs old. As i remeber since my child hood i get lot of sweat in my hair (not much on my face)whenever i eat spicy or hot food .
Does any body know about this problem? Please share your feelings with me.

i haven't been to any doctor about this problem.

Thanks in advance
VK

Your reply maybe here. http://www.hyperhidrosisweb.com/gustatory-perspiration.html

I am 35 yrs. old and I have problems with excessive sweating when I eat a lot of the time. Even when I brush my teeth, the toothpaste will sometimes make my whole face break out with sweat. It almost feels like someone has turned a heater on and I will have to stand in front of an air vent or something. I do take a lot of meds for my epilepsy, so that may something to do with it, but I still wonder what else it could be. It gets so bad at times. I don't have any other health conditions really, but it kind of scares me when I start sweating like I have been poisoned or something. Does anyone out there have any ideas about this and what I might can do?

my husband does the same thing when he eat spicy foods or when he eats any kind of food. Am going to get him to go to the doctor to make sure there isn't nothing seriously wrong with him. I heard that when they sweat like that it could be a sign of diabetes.