I am 30 yrs old. As i remeber since my child hood i get lot of sweat whenever i eat spicy or hot food on my head.
Does any body know about this problem? Please share your feelings with me.

i haven't been to any doctor about this problem.

Thanks in advance
VK

i have the same issue. i sweat on my face and scalp when eating even the mildest of hot foods. i dont sweat anywhere else just on my face/head area... really weird.

you're not the only one

me too...since i was achild and it is very rare to see people like that..do u get red eyes after shower too?

i have this problem too. i love spicy food but more and more i seem to hesitate to eat spicy food due to this problem. my scalp sweats a lot.

i swaet a lot on my scalp whne i eat even mildly spicy food. i love spicy food so i don't want to stop. anything i can do to avoid this ?

i do this too, but it doesn't stop me from eating spicy food when i'm out. people must think i'm weird sweating and wiping my brow with one hand and shoveling more spicy food in with the other.

my dad is the same way. my mom & bro are not.

apparently it's a physiological trait, though some do it more than others. See this link for an in-depth expanation: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=why-is-it-that-eating-spi

It's because when you consume spicy food it raises your body temepture and thus you sweat alittle bit to cool down.

I too get sweat while taking hot/spicy items after wards it will be normal.Why it get like this.I'm unable to take food plz tell me any alternatvie solutions for this type of problem.

Regards,
NK

Interesting article and helpful - I like yourself sweat profusely if eating hot/spicy foods. Yes I like them too but most embarassing when out for dinner with friends. Its like a tap being turn on over my scalp. Can't seem to find any help other than avoiding the food items.

KP

Well..
I also have the same problem of sweating while eating spicy or hot food, and I have this since my childhood.
Someone asked me to check with a doctor, it is because of some deficiency in the body.

***/Raises hand*** I have the same symptoms. All of my friends think it's funny. I keep telling them I am getting a good work out :-). But I will tell you one thing...If you ever get a cold, drink a lot of water and eat spicy food and sweat it out!

Yep, I have the same issue, I love hot food but sweat allot eatting it. It happen only in the head area, scalp and face....I find it annoying and would like to find out if it can be corrected in some way.

Sometimes I sweat just smelling spicy food. And I love spicy food so it sucks. However I also sweat from non-spicy food, like fries, hamburgers, chickenfried steak etc etc. Its extremely embarassing and it really sucks for 1st dates. I only sweat on my head though, my arms and other areas of perspiration like chest and back are also fine. My face usually turns red, and i can feel my face do a phantom like swelling and then the sweat starts.

When I smell spicy food closely I start to sweat a bit under the eyes. I too have suffered by this problem since my childhood, I love spicy food, and for some reason my scalp starts to itch/sting when I'm near very spicy food or the aroma. Does this happen to anyone else?

I love spicy food and I also suffer from heavy sweating. I always thought it was something else, like hyperhidrosis problems, but now reading everyones comments, I am thinking my forehead mainly sweating is related to spicy foods.

Hope someone come out with a treatment, as I seem to have a tap on my forehead and neck.