i sweat profusely and it makes me avoid eating with others. please tel wht is the reason behind my sweating while having food that too the sweating is facial. please help me.

My aunt sweats like that when she eats. She is diabetic, but the sweating started after she began dialysis.

Hi

I am a Type 1 diabetic and have for the past couple of years found that I too sweat on my face and scalp whilst eating. It is very frustrating as I have kept a food diary to see if anything triggers it off but it seems fairly erratic. I find that it is really embarrasing eating in a restaurant with a friend as to keep having to wipe your face of perspiration whilst eating is really annoying and is putting me off eating altogether!

I did speak to my diabetic clinic and my doctor said that it is something to do with diabetes but that he said it usually passes. So not sure what the cause or cure is I am afraid. I would really like to hear from others who are experiencing or have experienced the same thing.

I sweat very badly when I eat. It runs down my face.I have seen many doctors and specialists. No one can tell me why. I have taken so many tests. i have given up!

its called diabetic gustatory sweating. and there are treatments but you have to see a dr. you can look it up.

Autonomic neuropathy can affect the nerves that control sweating. When nerve damage prevents the sweat glands from working properly, the body cannot regulate its temperature as it should. Nerve damage can also cause profuse sweating at night or while eating.

whAT kind of doctor do i need to see

my son has been sweating while eating for about 4 years now and so far no doctor has helped - will mention diabetic g. s. to him - thanks