Celebrity

I never had problems with bleeding gum since last year. it started to bleed like crazy. I really am not sure what to do but I can't say that it is not pleasant, I keep having this metal taste in my mouth. I was wondering, can I visit dentists about this issue? I mean, what the dentist can tell me about this whole situation? can he help me solve this problem once forever, can he discover why this happens to me? I really don't like the dentists, but what can I do, if he can help me, I would be really happy. 

he can do a lot. he can discover the problem, he can run some test and check your gums to see is it just an ordinary bleeding or is it something else, maybe worse. according to that, he can give you a proper bleeding gums treatment

one advice - don't run away from the dentists, don't think that they can't help you. they can. with one simple test, he can tell you what you are dealing with and what you should do in order to heal this.

so, yes, the dentist can't help you good luck with it, you will be fine. 

make some changes in your oral hygiene. if you see that your old habits just don't work, well maybe it is time for you to seek another way to fight it. no one is telling you that you don't wash your teeth, that you don't brush them, that you don't take care of your hygiene regular, but it seems that definitely something is wrong. maybe you should change a toothpaste and a toothbrush, maybe you should try another way of brushing your teeth as well. maybe it seems insignificant for you, but trust me, there are so many things that can help you in this and they are very, very simple. if nothing works - it is time for your dentist.

Well, a lot if you ask me. Anyway, my dentist can lol.

He helped me a lot with this issue, helping me realize what are the biggest mistakes that I am making during my oral hygiene and some other life habits.

It is very important to treat your bleeding gums in time, because if you don't, I am pretty sure that this can cause you a lot of problems.

So, I think that you should stop wondering what your dentist can do about this issue and visit him. Tell him your main issue and don't hide any habits from him.. Your life habits.

A lot if you have a good dentist. He can say why you are dealing with this problem according to the way your gums are bleeding. But of course, you have to be totally honest with him, telling him are you using any medications, are you pregnant, do you take care of your oral hygiene regularly, etc.

In case if the can't tell you why this happens, well, you should find another one, for sure.When I started to have this problem for the first time, my dentist recommended me to use a electric toothbrush. I still haven't tried it, to be honest.

Anyone did?

For sure, he can determine why this problem happens or why it keeps happening all the time. I just want to tell you that is very important to treat bleeding gums, because it can be something more serious than just bleeding gums. I didn't pay attention to this when it started to happen to me, neither when it was happening very often. I was diagnosed with Periodontal disease, and this is an infection of the tissues that hold your teeth in one place, which is not that rare. Also, it is typically caused by poor brushing and flossing habits that allow plaque and it becomes a "safe" place for the bacteria. I find out that I am dealing with this when I visited my dentist almost a four months after constant bleeding. Not a good option, you will agree..

dentist can determine why you have this problem, what it can be. after this, he can give you a proper diagnose and he can give you a couple of advice on how to maintain your current situation, what to eat, what to avoid and of course, what is most important, what type of vitamins you should add. after that, it is all on you. you have to follow the instructions, you need to maintain your dental health, because dentist can't do that. so, that is basically all that your dentist can do, other is up to you. sometimes it makes me mad because patients believe that dentists are the wizards. they are not.

Shining Star

for god's sake... no one mentions scaling?? This is the number one reason people suffer from bleeding gums. They forget to go to the dentist to do scaling every 6 months - 1 year! 

Bleeding gums can happen for a number of reasons. Changing your oral care routine can also make your gums bleed. If you notice gum bleeding, you must maintain a healthy diet, step up your oral care, and consider your medicine. If changing your oral care habits, and maintaining a healthy diet doesn't help your gums stop bleeding, then you should make an appointment with your dentist. Firstly he/she will examine your teeth and gums to check if there is the serious concern like advanced gum disease. They might take an X-ray. If they believe treatment is needed, you'll likely visit the specialist who specializes in treating gum disease.