I have a son that is 5 years old and he feels bad last few days. He has an abscess above his front tooth. After we visited dentist he didn't want to treat the infection at all. All he wanted was to pull his tooth tomorrow morning. Now I would like if that is that normal, don’t you think he should try to treat it first since he will be with out a tooth for a few years.

First I have to ask you if that was a pediatric dentist. If that was dentist for adult please have him see one. General dentists are not trained in the care of children's teeth, that’s why you need to search for pediatric one. What children can afford is better challenges that they can present. If a pediatric dentist says that nothing further can be done to save the teeth then you should do what he says. Pediatric dentist might help with baby denture, which can be placed to save your child the embarrassment of being toothless for few years. I have to repeat one more it is not normal to have a child's tooth extracted without big reason. It is similar as with adult teeth, unless nothing further can be done. Take a serious talk with dentist if that is really necessary to pull his teeth out. That is not something he could perform even his teeth will fall out soon by itself.