Hi, I am diagnosed with a bad tooth infection. A dentist says that I need a treatment, but I am afraid of dentists since I was a little child. Did any of you have a bad tooth infection?

Hi, I had a tooth infection. It hurt me really bad, and I had amalgam filling inside it for couple of years. My dentist checked it out, and since he was in a big hurry, he said that I have nothing to worry about because the pain was caused by sensitive gums. However, the pain continued, so I went to another dentist. She immediately knew what was wrong. I had a bad tooth infection, and I needed a treatment. The infection was caused by a dead tooth. Under the amalgam filling, the tooth was dark, almost black, but how could I know that when that unscrupulous doctor didn’t have enough time for me. Since I’m allergic to anesthetic, the treating of tooth infection was one of the worst experiences ever! I hope you’ll have more luck than me. With a proper anesthetic, this shouldn’t be so hard to handle.

I think we all have issues with the dentist. It is important though that you be open to your dentists about your anxieties because I bet he or she will understand and help you. it's hard to take tooth infection for granted. There are painless dental treatments also so you wont have to worry. Good luck to you!

%-) :?im tinvery nervous, all my teeth are bad, ineed help with them. i went to the denist they told me i need to get all of them pulled. %-)