I suffer sharp, very disturbing pain in my low back and it runs down through my left leg and sometimes through both of my legs. Sometimes it is less intensive and sometimes more, but I’m never free of it. I can always feel uncomfortableness in my low back area. Can it be that my sciatica nerve is damaged? I know that this type and location of pain is due to sciatica. What causes sciatic nerve damage?

Sciatica usually affects one side of body. Else, nerve is rarely damaged, but only compressed. Nerve damage means that the damage is permanent and that would mean that the person is paralyzed. Most common causes of nerve compression and sciatica are lumbar stenosis, herniated disc, degenerative disc disease that is associated with aging, as natural biological process etc. You should get proper diagnosis, and the exam includes physical and neurological examination and sometimes x rays, mri or ct scan.