I have suffered from overly tight muscles my whole running career. I get a deep tissue massage to help with this approx every 3 weeks but it still doesn't seem to be enough. I started with a Personal Trainer last night and he give me some info about Self Myofascial Release. I did some last night and I feel pretty good day. I especially worked my IT Band area.

If you have some muscle tightness it may be worth looking into.

Thanks for the info. I too have very tight muscles and can use all the help I can get to loosen them up.

Great info Paul, thanks

As many greedy chiropractors as there are out there, some PTs are like that too. How DARE we treat ourselves and take money out of their pockets! This is part of my problem with the whole medical community, but that is a rant for another thread.

Thanks, Paul....I have a friend with chronic hammie troubles, I am going to send that link to her too. Glad to hear it is helping you!

Some therapists do encourage their clients to treat themselves . The problem is that most people manage to keep up their exercises for about oh, 3 days before they start "forgetting".

I introduced our dinner crowd to the joys of a tennis ball on Friday night - they couldn't believe how effective it was, especially on hamstrings and around scapulas. They reckoned it was the most after dinner fun they'd had in ages 8O . The next day they all went out and purchased tennis balls, and after dinner on Saturday, out came those tennis balls again. It was really fubby seeing all these people rolling around on the wall and floor :LOL: .