I ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday in Wakefield, MA. It was in the low 40's but the wind was brutal. Nice rolling hills course. I did it in 1:54. Not the best time for me (my pr is 1:48) but I wasn't running the race it was more of a training run for me. Had a great time and huge lunch after!

(My hubby did have a pr of 1:43. I was very proud of him!)

Yeah. Supports a good cause too

Yeah. Supports a good cause too
It was great. There were so many police departments represented there at the start and running. I love running races that support the men and women who protect us. Coming up on 3/23 is the BEST race of the year "Charbo's Run" It gets bigger and bigger and is a 5 miler. The money raised goes to a scholarshis fund for officers who are in law school.

That's a great time, Dancer, especially on a hilly and windy course.

:fubby:

Did you and your hubby get to run part of it together?

Way to go Dancer! Wind and hills, uggh! Nice job by the hubby too. A running family gets a big :thumbsup:

I'll take the hills, but the wind is the worst. Great job either way, Dancer! Sounds like you had a nice time throughout the event.

Congrats. Wind definitly sucks, though.

I am jealous that you and your spouse run (I am still working on my wife).

We ran together until mile 3. I told him he needed to run for himself. He's helped me way too much our last few races I wanted to make sure he took care of his own needs on this one.

Congrats to the both of you!

:fubby:

Woohoo to both Dancer and Mr Dancer!

Congratulations to you and your hubby Dancer!!! That's great!!! :thumbsup:

Excellent job Dancer!!!!

How ya feeling today?

Excellent job Dancer!!!! How ya feeling today?

\ I felt fine on Monday. I ended up doing an hour on the bike trainer last night and I did feel tight in the quads. But went to a 2 hour stretching class and that helped a great deal. (Turned into a 1 1/2 hour class due to all our chit chat)

Nice race to you both!!! They are always so much better when they're for a good cause, no?