ART--anybody ever had this used on a soft tissue injury??

yes, no, maybeso???

Not on an injury, but I've had a couple of massage therapists do some releases on some very tight muscles.

What is A R T?

What is A R T?

do a google search cappy - active release technique is a "revolutionary" (supposedly) way of treating injury and muscle irregularities used mainly by chiropractors and PTs who have undergone the training. i think it's pressure applied to a point in the tissue which releases the bound up muscle allowing quicker healing. reading the google stuff, you'll see how it shows up in chiropractor's sites... invented by an engineer guy - guesss it can't be all bad. i'm seeing a DC who is talking this up alot - i kinda think an MD would thumb his nose at it, but so what else is new with them? i have had it used on the piriformis muscle by a massage therapist before - very effective. sometimes i sit on a baseball - almost the same effect

I wanted to respond to the questions about Active Release Techniques. I wrote an article introducing it for runners

The most simple way I explain ART to patients is that for any soft tissue injury or scar tissue, there are basically two options for addressing it: stretching and massage. If we combine those two treatments very specifically we will get a much better result than either individually and have a shot at permanently fixing some problems that only improve with stretching or massage alone.

Read the article for more examples.

PS more and more medical doctors are getting on board with recommending ART for soft tissue problems. I have also heard of knee surgeons (unfortunately not in my community yet) recommending all their patients receive ART treatment pre and post surgery.