While most folks do their x-mas shopping (finished mine back in Oct), I spent the last 2 weeks on vacation/exile home.

The gym I go to has several listings for personal trainers, and saw two that were geared to my current fitness goals while adding some extra time in the gym on weights, without the bulk so I can still continue my running.

Looking for advice for those that have hired PT and your opinions, and both of the PT are women.

would consider it only for weight training

running i am on my own

I don't work well with others.

I'm not worried about the Carido part, more the working on specific areas in my training that I did on my own in the past, but wanted a more detail specific program.

Thanks so far.......

i hear mindy (flarunner) is reasonable

her rates that is

she is reasonable the other way too

I'm considering getting my wife some personal trainer time. She's been doing machines at the Y since March and both the PTs and I think that it's time she moved to free weights. She's just intimidated because the free weight room is 99% guys.

I personally wouldn't use one in my current situation; if I were just becoming familiar with weights or an exercise program in general I would definitely use one until I became comfortable with form. etc.

I think I am much better at giving orders rather than getting them.

You live too far, other wise I'd hire you. :)
Going tonight, the one I'm leaning towards is working and see how it goes.

The only knowledge I have of PTs is what I've seen at Bally's. Usually a woman, young, in good shape (or at least Shapely), and a hunky guy in shorts and a tight shirt, squatting down to watch as the woman jumps on and off a Reebok stepper.

Dunno.

I don't think I'd care for it. I have a very short list of people I feel comfortable with touching me, and I think rather than be flattered and have a fantasy fed through this whole process I'd probably deck the guy.

As for how it works the other way around, I'm not sure. But be prepared for what looks like hands-on, up-close-and-personal, one-on-one... make sure you can deal with that before you commit yourself.

Well, I would have to say that having a personal trainer can be a wonderful thing, if you actually, really need one.
Morph, make sure the trainer you talk with, does that first; talks with you. How can someone help you reach your goals if he/she doesn't talk with you first about those goals. And don't be afraid to question her education and experience.
Most of the clients I've had worked specifically on weight training. But because of my education and experience, I've worked with people on improving their running and even swimming.
Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.