I was thinking of trying hypnosis on myself to try and relax a little bit since life has been hectic lately. I tried doing something but Im not sure if that was it. I was wondering if anyone could share their hypnosis techniques that worked for them, so I could compare it with my own technique and see if Im doing anything wrong. Thanks

Hi, this is what I do. Im not sure if its hypnosis or meditation, it sounds very similar to me. First thing you need to do is make sure you are not disturbed. Once you get disturbed, its over, at least it is for me. Lay on a bed or sit on a chair with your back straight. I close my eyes but some people keep them open and try to focus to a point. Then you try to relax. Go from your toes and up relaxing every bone, muscles and organ along the way up to the head. While relaxing, imagine that you are getting rid of all the bad energy and that new, fresh energy is coming to you as you breathe in. You can even think of getting rid of black clouds of bad energy and receiving white light as a new, fresh energy. Then try focusing on a sound of the ocean and begin descenting to your subconscious mind. You can do this by imaging going down the spiral stairs that are taking you to a wonderful garden. As you go down, you feel more and more relaxed and you feel that all your worries are leaving you. Once you feel totally relaxed, you can start making suggestions or statements to your subconscious mind, repeating them three times. Once you are done, visualize that you are climbing those stairs coming back to your conscious mind. Once you are up, you are back to normal state of mind. You need to do this regularly to notice any benefits and changes. Good luck!