Does TMJ makes ears pop a lot or hearing loss in the ears? I’ve heard that lot of times it's the ear symptoms that lead people to an original diagnosis of TMJ disorder. My symptoms began with mild ear aches few years ago. I now have the ear ringing, pops, subjective hearing loss, dizziness… I should mention that my jaw did click on opening, which made it easier to diagnose TMJ I suppose.

When it comes to TMJ disorder it seems that everybody has different symptoms, which makes treatment difficult. I've been experiencing most of the ear symptoms for about a year, Also when I first got my splint I needed an adjustment immediately because my symptoms became worse. My muscles went into spasm and it took some time and muscle relaxants to get it back. I've been to two ENT, The first one found nothing wrong with me and suggested it was anxiety and the second ENT did a dizziness test, and I'm still waiting to get the results, subjective hearing loss is something that doesn't show up on tests. I never experienced “pop ear” sensation but sometimes I have a hard time hearing certain sounds while other sounds are really loud.

Hi Shorey,

I hope you recieve this message! I have had tmj for 9 years, but yea mostly just the EAR symptoms ---> Subjective hearing loss, muscle tightening etc.

I have no pain, but the hearing issues really bug me...they seem to get worse each year ... wondering if you've found any relief, or treatments that have helped you improve?

I also had a brace made which seemed to tense up some muscle, but I am hoping to have a thinner one made by my dentist soon.

Let me know how your tmj is going..>Thanks.