Hi, my husband was diagnosed with temporomandibular joint disorder when he went to a doctor because of sime symptoms like headache, neck ache and ear tenderness. A doctor prescribed him some drugs, and I would like to know what to expect from this therapy? Can this really be cured?

Five years ago, when I still didn’t know what was going to happen to me, I thought I was only suffering from headaches and jaw tenderness. However, it was getting worse over time, and now, here I am with temporomandibular joint disorder. Now I have muscle pain and spasms. Of course, I am trying to relieve these symptoms, and sometimes it looks I’m succeeding, but in the next moment, there is the pain again. Until now, most successful was paracetamol. I was considering a surgery, but my doctor adviced me to try first some habit changes. He told me to avoid hard food and not to tear food with my front teeth. I hope this will help me with temporomandibular joint disorder, if not, I will have to take some more serious measures.