Hello. I'm 28 year old male and I would like to find out some stuff about my long-term health problems. Almost for five years now I have some nasal problems.
My sinuses are almost all the time filled with mucus and I have all kind of problems with continuing sinus drainage, constant clearing of your throat, chronic cough and allergic rhinitis. Just recently I have start to suffer from some ear problems such as strange deep pain and decreased sensitivity. I contacted my GP over this and he told me that he must do some testing because he suspects that the cause could be condition called temporomandibular joint dysfunction. Anyone knows anything about this?

Hello. I know a bit about all this because my wife has been diagnosed with that condition few years back. In fact, the temporomandibular joint dysfunction means some disorders of trigger points in muscles of the jaw and anterior neck.
You doctor was right; you should wait for the results. If he determines that she’s suffering from some joint disorder then he should point you on some specialist such as otolaryngologist.
You probably know that -to treat any problem you must first know what is causing the problem otherwise something other than the cause can be treated.
In that case, you must cure all the symptoms for them self.
I mean on sinus relief medications and ear antibiotics.

I have TMJ. It was caused by a biking accident when I was 14. The TMJ seemed to get worse as I grew older. Eventually I had chronic sinus troubles (blocked nasal passages and post-nasal drip). This was when i was 15. When I was 16 I started to have fluid in my ears, loss of hearing in my right ear, and a high pitched popping noise in my right ear. Clear scabs started to appear at the edge of my ear canal. Is this TMJ? My doctor said that TMJ does not cause sinus problems. I took a CT scan and the results came up negative (no sinus problems present). I also have really bad breath. Is there a link in all of this? All help will be appreciated.

I too have TMJ caused from a bike accident when I was 12. I fractured my left condyle. My TMJ specialist told me that it CAN cause sinus and ear problems...both of which I have. But after many agonizing years of pain, I am on the road to being cured !!!

Hi There! I am happy you are felling better, at this time I hope your are completely OK, could you tell me what are the treatments you got? Please have all this symthomes, thanks so much for your help.