im 17 years old, male. For years and years, Id say at least 5-6 years I've gotten this pain probably every couple months, sometimes every week. It has been rare that it'll be every day. It usually goes away then happens suddenly. The pain literally feels like there is a string attached to the back of my belly button and pulling down and I can't even stand straight, and the pain sometimes feels like it's going down to my penis or testicles. I litterally can only be relived from the pain if I go in a ball or don't move at all. Sometimes things like urinating, sudden movements, streaching my abdomen area out trigger it. And when it cosms it hurts like crazy, to the point I feel like crying. I've seen my doctor about it and i got an ultra sound which revealed nothing. So I left it at that because I thought if they found nothing then whatever, and it'll go away. But it hasn't a year later and it feels worse when it happens. Has anybody else had this and figured it out? I see my doctor tomorrow about this, but I feel like it'll he non conclusive, again. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem, the doctors because i have visited several of them, have treated this as a urinary infection but i took for so long antibiotics and didn't work..... so i decided to look up in the internet if i can find any that can give me an answer..... but i found that so many people have this same issue.... i feel like if someone stab my belly button and also a like a string(cord) that is pulled down my bladder and feel like a need to pee....... so i consider that this problem may be attached to the median umbilical ligament (urachus) because when you press your belly button with your finger you feel the same pulling string pain and the feel like you need to pee.... So you may tell your doctor that theory..... because as far as i see, that is the only thing that match our symptoms. ...... and there is no information o literature about what we all have...

the urachus Is likely the source of your pain, the trouble figuring out what is irritating it. Women get it too, tied similarly to the genital region. It was a bit frustrating to find a response to a similar topic locked without the doctor even mentioning the link between the belly button and where the pain is actually felt. Hopefully enough people will brung this info to their doctors that it will stop causing blank stares when mentioned.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use